• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another oil question.

shrek

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
I'm not trying to start the great debate again, I just have a simple question:giveup:.

I came into 8 gal. of Mobil Delvac MX 15w-40. Does anyone use it? If you do, what do you think of it?

I used to run Delvac, but I got it for free. I had no problems with it. I run Rotella now because I get it for free.

I'd run it. Diesel oil is good stuff for bikes. I've used both the dino and syn rotella for years. I tend to go with the syn as its thinner when cold and I ride year round in the east and north-east where temps get pretty low. For above-freezing use the 15w on the cold end will be totally fine though. At 6 deg F, the 15w-40 stuff can result in noticeably slower cranking than the 5w-40 stuff.

You should never use it. So please bring it by my casa and I will "dispose" of it for you.:trust:

I was doing oil changes with Rotella up till about 11,600 miles on the bandit and switched to Delvac 15W40 and noticed a big improvement in shifting down from second into first...I like Rotella but IMHO the Delvac is noticeably better as far as shifting feel is concerned...Sounds stange that you could tell a big difference in shifting just from changing to a different oil but indeed it did...

Thanks for the input, I have been running Rotella 15w-40, but it's hard to beat free. For what it's worth shifting into first has always been a little notchey, if this fixes it, that would be great.

Sorry Bill, I think I can dispose of it just fine. I would like to take a look at your tire bar again, or use it:trust: when it comes time to change my tires.

Back