• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Found a nifty tent this weekend

scar04

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Last Name
Saldana
This past weekend I was at the Laredo Hunting & Fishing Expo when I came a across these guys selling tents. http://www.bushwakkaswags.com/ They looked neat so upon further inspection, they turned out to be Aussies selling handy-dandy bushwhacker looking tents. Talked to Brent, the head guy, really nice dude, too, and he has one designed just for motorcyclists, the lite-rider. It's a one man ten pound tent that rolls up and would easily fit in most top cases.

3s.jpg

1s.jpg

I'm thinking about ordering one just because I think they're pretty neat. Figured I'd pass the info along to the asylum for yall to check out if you need a new tent.

10 pounds for that thing? :eek:

Its compactness is quite nice.

Whats something like that run?

I wanna say they were asking 265 for the literider at the show.

I bought a 1 man tent to travel with and found it packed really small but also slepted too small here is the info
Academy Sports
NO LIMITS SUNLIGHT PEAK TENT
$44.99
Item#: 16379612
Style#: CPNL0001
SKU: 0210-40620-7543
One person tent sized : 86-in. x 53-in. x 30-in.
Weighs 5.1 lbs.
Rainfly and carry bag included

You can buy some nice backpack tents for 1/3 that, and they pack to 1/2 the size & weight (I think my 2-man is 4 lbs). Most also come in a protective compression sack.

Same experience. My Kelty 2 person tent packs to just over four pounds including a rain fly. It is a three season, so it is dry and can be used for Texas winters when I choose to.

I wanna say they were asking 265 for the literider at the show.
wow!
I paid $225 for my Kelty Votrex nearly 6yrs ago. It packs down to under 6lbs, sleeps 2 and will more then keep the rain out.

Yeah, if there aren't any trees around you can use hiking poles or something similar and stake it on the ground like a regular tent.
Of course, I'm generally camping where there are trees.:sun:

Back