• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yosh Muffler Repack

Reaction score
Guys I've been getting too much attention lately brcause of my Yosh muffler. Has anyone got experience repacking the muffler, it's a Yosh TRS system.
While on the subject, is anyone running the "low volume insert" and if so how much quieter is it and does it kill performance.

Hiding until you can help me out here.

Smoky:duck:

I have a White Bros E2 that I need to repack and I was wanting some pointers too. I did this once on a yz125 10 years ago and I don't really remember the process.

I ran a low volume insert in a Yosh RS-3 system on my SV-650 track bike. Mid range torque from 5-9K rpm was improved at a slight loss above 9. The insert improved things for me since I spent more time below 9k than above it, even on the track.

Very neat video. Thanks.
I had installed a DB buster on my Yosh can only to have the little screw come off and loose spacer and DB buster somewhere on a back road in the Ozarks last week. As per hurting preformance, don't really know as I don't really run my bike very hard. But it did make it just a touch quieter knocked down some of the popping and such on deceleration.
I just don't think the Bandit is going to get very loud as long as you leave the cat converter in place and operating. But, Like you, I like easing into my neighborhood and just wish the stock can was not soooooo biiiigggg. ;-)

I agree keeping the Cat converter installed really cuts a lot of the sound down. What you get is a pleasent motorcycle sound, not loud at all.

:rider:

Back