• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Windscreen

Joe D

Reaction score
I have read many of the old posts yet can't seem to draw any good conclusions. I am 5'11" 30" inseam. I absolutely hate the stock windscreen. I almost bought a B-King rather than a Bandit due to the Bandit's poor air flow around the rider.
I am wondering what screen those that are similar in size to me like. Those that are shorter or taller please do not give your input. What works for someone 5'7" will not work for me.
I have looked into the Power Bronze LT, SkidMarx, Suzuki Touring and Zero Gravity Touring. Not sure I like the looks of the ZG, but I guess it provides the most protection.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If BOTH cosmetic appeal AND function is what you're after, this may not be the answer. But this has just been introduced to the market and is pretty amazing in design and function. He's offering a heck of a deal right now, and I would be inclined to go-fer-it, but as a short guy in a cut down saddle, my Suzuki double bubble "touring" works for me. I have to pick and choose carefully where I spend my money, and his 'deal' is sooo good I would like to give it further thought. (but I also want Proton turn signals, and Cogent/Holeshot springs, and Holeshot shock absorber, and.....)

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.10/.f

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.478/.f

You can contact him here, ask about his introductory offer:
http://us.mc833.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=support@madstad.com

I am 5'11" 30" inseam.

That's pretty much exactly my dimensions, and as a ZG Touring screen user, I'd wait for the Madstad (If you don't mind the look of the brackets).

I didn't mind the stocker, it's clean air, just lots of it, and it's noisy. The ZG does a good job of getting some of the wind off your body, but I think it's louder than stock, and there's a little buffeting in 'dirty' air, such as the interstate around traffic. In clean air, I have no complaints other than I wish it were quieter...

Either way, I'm looking forward to the Madstad coming out and some people my size to give a good review...

trey

I have a ZG Touring on the way. I thought for $83 delivered it was worth a try.

I have a ZG Touring on the way. I thought for $83 delivered it was worth a try.

Joe,
So far, for us touring types, it's the best one piece out there now. I've put about 8000 + miles on my '07 Bandit since putting the shield on. In that time , probably about 5-700 miles in heavy to medium rain. I'm 5' 9" with sort of a slump when riding.

I am thinking that lowering my seat to the low position might help a little.

OK. More specifically, has anyone with a 07+ Bandit...... tried the touring version of the Laminar Lip. I bought the standard version in 07----- before the tourer was available. The standard version albeit an improvement over stock....... was'nt quite what I need at 5'9".

DRW, Before I got the givi screen (I now have the ZG screen installed) somewhere in the mega thread was a posting about the laminar lip and stated it wasnt much better than the Givi. That is when I decided to get the Givi screen is why I remember that post ...
Good luck

I tried the Touring Lip on my stock bike right after I bought it. Had a problem with the velcro staying hooked up right. But it was pretty good in my testing of it with the stock screen. Then I did a PB Touring and a Double bubble. Then a Givi. Got a new PB touring to try and see if I could get the lip on it. Ended up being impatient and crack the PB. Put the Givi back on. Got a ZG touring. Still have the touring Lip and it looks like it would fit on the zg with no problems. May get some better velco and try it on the ZG. Not gonna try drilling my windshield again . ;-(

I tried the Touring Lip on my stock bike right after I bought it. Had a problem with the velcro staying hooked up right. But it was pretty good in my testing of it with the stock screen. Then I did a PB Touring and a Double bubble. Then a Givi. Got a new PB touring to try and see if I could get the lip on it. Ended up being impatient and crack the PB. Put the Givi back on. Got a ZG touring. Still have the touring Lip and it looks like it would fit on the zg with no problems. May get some better velco and try it on the ZG. Not gonna try drilling my windshield again . ;-(

Let us know how it works...I really like my ZG, but if it were 3 inches taller or so it would be just about perfect...May have to try the laminar lip.

So the Touring Lip didn't stop your quest for something better. I wasn't aware of the Touring Lip version. The standard Lip is so close to what I'm looking for I was hoping the taller Lip would be a slam dunk. I'm using a PB Touring, which for me, is about the same as the Lip on the stock screen. Thanks for the input. Doug

I installed the ZG Touring today. Pretty disappointed with it. It moved the wind from my chest to my helmet - lots of noise. Matter of fact there is a lot more noise than the stock screen. I am 5'11" so I was hoping to get something better than the stock one.
The ZG is too narrow and too short. I get wind curling around the screen and hitting my chest. IMO ZG should have made it a little wider to stop that.
I think the main problem with the Bandit is the location of the screen. It is too far forward to be effective.
The quest goes on.

I sent an email to Cee Bailey's to see if they would make a windscreen for the Bandit. I worked with them to make a windscreen for the '07+ FZ6. They make great products.

Fingers crossed.

I did some modification to my MRA windsreen. I changed the small lip with one bigger (i cut my original screen) and now it much more protective and quiter than before. I have almost no wind on my helmet. I am 6 foot tall.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 161
I replaced the original screen on my Concours with a Cee Bailey. They do build a quality screen. The Bandit would be a great foundation for a really nice sport touring bike. I would kill to have that Bandit engine in my '01 Concours.

I replaced the original screen on my Concours with a Cee Bailey. They do build a quality screen. The Bandit would be a great foundation for a really nice sport touring bike. I would kill to have that Bandit engine in my '01 Concours.

That is why I am trying to turn my Bandit into a ST. I am having trouble deciding on a seat. Suzuki gel, or Sargent? Also anyone tried the SW Motech quick release bag mounts with Givi PLX cases?

That is why I am trying to turn my Bandit into a ST. I am having trouble deciding on a seat. Suzuki gel, or Sargent? Also anyone tried the SW Motech quick release bag mounts with Givi PLX cases?

I have the Sargent seat and SW Motech quick release side mounts with the Suzuki bags as well as the SW Motech Alurack and top case. Personally for me it is the perfect set up. I do limited one up touring and a lot of commuting as well as sport riding. You can never tell how I'll be equipped from day to day. Sometimes no luggage, sometimes top case only, sometimes side bags only, sometimes fully loaded and it all takes only seconds to change. The Motech stuff is sweet as it virtually disappears in seconds! :rider:

Back