• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Glove suggestions

Mer

Reaction score
First Name
Marianne
Last Name
Rogers
My old leather "cruiser" gloves are falling apart and I would like to find some new "less cruiser-like" gloves soon. Any suggestions for a good all around glove.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I guess the first question is - leather or textile? I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves for summer and have been happy with them. Also have the Olympia all leather glove that's perforated w/ tiny holes and it works well too.

Hit Motoliberty or Cyclegear and find something you like. Online, try motorcycle superstore, Iron Pony or newenough. I've ordered from all 3 before.

I have a pair of AlpineStars SP2 glove. Its a solid, armored, all-leather glove. I ride it till it gets too cold, then I switch to insulated TourMaster gloves.

I had a pair of JoeRocket vented gloves, forget the model, but didn't feel they would protect me enough, so I stopped wearing them. I found the solid leather is fine even on the hot days.

IMHO, YMMV all that good stuff.

CycleGear is where I picked mine up, MotoLiberty has a huge selection. NewEnough.com is a great site no matter what you're looking for

Triumph vented Raptor gloves, around $40

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/10535?WT.mc_id=1484958&CAWELAID=338433313

08TriumphRaptorVenGloveMD.gif

mesh with protected knuckles, run kinda of small, they have a seam at the finger tips that is stiff at first but break in, hold up well for lots of riding, comfortable not bulky

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been checking out some gloves over the weekend and so far haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I'll check out some of the ones you guys listed. Thanks!

Had a pair of Tourmaster summer gloves that finally gave it up after about 7 years. Replaced them with a pair of Tourmaster Intake Air gloves. They work well for me.

Try Held's Steve glove. Nice cross between racing gauntlet and cruiser glove. kangaroo palm, all leather, heel sliders, really well built. Not cheap. Mine have lasted 4 years of steady use.

Try Held's Steve glove. Nice cross between racing gauntlet and cruiser glove. kangaroo palm, all leather, heel sliders, really well built. Not cheap. Mine have lasted 4 years of steady use.
Once I got out of the valley heat and got up into the mountains on Saturday, the Steve gloves were on me until back down in the valley this afternoon. Great gloves.

Cool...I'll have to check the Steve gloves out too!

Gloves are very hard to recommend remotely. Too many variations in fit to successfully hit a homerun without trying them on. Some will have longer fingers, wider palms, shorter thumbs, etc. Just have to try a whole bunch until you find one that works for you.

Gloves are very hard to recommend remotely. Too many variations in fit to successfully hit a homerun without trying them on. Some will have longer fingers, wider palms, shorter thumbs, etc. Just have to try a whole bunch until you find one that works for you.

What Nathan said! It will depend on your hand and fingers, and what feels good to you.

I am happy with my Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves for March-December (depending on the weather) but that is ME. Gloves are one of those things I would buy locally, unless you already know what fits.

Lee

google: held usa. best gloves ive purchased so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back