• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cool electrical tester

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I've seen this electrical tester on several of the car shows on Power TV on the Speed channel and Its pretty cool what it does, and even though I have a good Fluke test meter, but this does things it can't.

I couldn't find the price yet of it on their website, but its carried by CarQuest so I am going to call the local dealer latter today and see how much it costs. They have 3 differant models but the Power Probe 3 seems to be what to get out of the 3 models.

http://www.powerprobe.com/powerprobe/PP3.html

Powerprobe.jpg

Like you , I have a pretty good fluke. But my favorite is my older Amp Probe with the clip on Amp sensor. I just clip that anywhere and put the unit to what ever voltage range or type I want to check. Good for checking amps by just clipping it around the wire you want to see how much amps is happening in. Only thing is that the Ohm lead has to have a battery in it at the lead point. Wow! Guess I've been having that dude for over 20 years now. I did throw 3 old Simpsons analogs away about 5 years ago. Could not find anyone around here that wanted them. ;-(

Heck, I didn't know EBay existed back then. ;-).
Wish I had my '47 , '49 and '52 Harley's I sold in the late '60's for 1200 bucks to sell now. Sigh!

Back