• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Even this guy says it's hot out...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Usually these tree rats don't sit still long enough to get this close.... Up until I took this pic, I had no idea they were eating the tree either. Vermin. Every one of 'em.
FromAbove021_a.jpg

I've been having strange bare spots in my front lawn for a while now. One day I was home during the day and looked out my front window to see one of those buggers picking individual blades of grass then sucking/eating the root and throwing the grass aside. Grrrr.

I've been having strange bare spots in my front lawn for a while now. One day I was home during the day and looked out my front window to see one of those buggers picking individual blades of grass then sucking/eating the root and throwing the grass aside. Grrrr.

These guys also seem to be digging at the base of each tree where the sprinkler has watered. I've seen them laying in the dirt/mud all spread out in their new 'hole' just trying to stay cool.

If you look close, you can also see a chunk out of his ear. I hadn't noticed that before either.

Last edited:
These guys also seem to be digging at the base of each tree where the sprinkler has watered. I've seen them laying in the dirt/mud all spread out in their new 'hole' just trying to stay cool.

If you look close, you can also see a chunk out of his ear. I hadn't noticed that before either.

:tab We have TONS of these guys around. Sometimes they get to chasing each other from tree to tree, all over the yard, front to back. It can get pretty wild and amusing. Ii is amazing how they can remember which branch leads to what tree instead of to a dead end... Apparently, they like pine cones. They love to sit on a branch right above my car and just shred the pine cones. When I come out in the morning, the car will be covered in the pieces.

Farm that puppy... those yellow bellies get to be some nice sizes. Unforunately they all seems to have been, replaced by the smaller equally annoying white belly ones(fox vs grey squirrel).

i think some of you are too well prepared for the next nuclear war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, Scott, he's just trying to keep his teeth clean to cut down on his dentist bill. :lol2:

:tab We have TONS of these guys around. Sometimes they get to chasing each other from tree to tree, all over the yard, front to back. It can get pretty wild and amusing. Ii is amazing how they can remember which branch leads to what tree instead of to a dead end... Apparently, they like pine cones. They love to sit on a branch right above my car and just shred the pine cones. When I come out in the morning, the car will be covered in the pieces.

They are eating the seeds in the cones.
I caught 63 of the little bas..... uh, buggers last year. You have to carry them off at least 5 miles, or they will come home. I took them to the other side of town, south of the river and gave them to the rich folks.:rofl: And I am not telling where I am taking them, just in case you guys are having a sudden population explosion.
The wife gets a little upset when I try to teach them to swim. They can't hold there breath for to long.:eek2: So, that is why I started hauling them off.

Usually these tree rats don't sit still long enough to get this close.... Up until I took this pic, I had no idea they were eating the tree either. Vermin. Every one of 'em.
FromAbove021_a.jpg

That's how I felt at 5:00 today! Great pic!

Back