• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Igor, Master, and the talisman

Reaction score
First Name
JD
Last Name
Evans
I try not to be judgmental, but some folks make it VERY difficult. Our short story begins....

During lunch we find ourselves at a dealership haggling over a leftover '08 Wing. Our group rides ATGATT, and since we came from Post we were slathered in shades of fluorescent yellow and orange. It is at the dealership were we meet Igor and Master. Two colorful lads who appear to share the same brain much like the Oracles who shared an eye. Neither speaks a the same time, confirming my suspicions.

From looking at the two groups there is a good disparity in life experiences. Telltale signs of graying temples confirm that we are rapidly moving to irrelevance. While Igor and Master flaunt their knowledge of youth culture by wearing the latest fashions, to include adornments of various piercings and body art. We are there to haggle for a Wing, and these gentlemen exhibit youthful exuberance over a Lifan cruiser. I had not heard of Lifan before, but much like our two lads, I once pined for names that have less than household recognition. Bultaco, ATK, and Cushman. This shared excitement over two wheel wonders is all that we seem to have in common.

Igor and Master pass the brain back and forth and make their comments about how each will look so tough on their new bikes. Igor is named such because he has a large ring through his nose, much like a bull, and dutifully follows master around the showroom. Master is named because he appears to command all he surveys. He mocks us that our group requires glasses to make out the tattoo on his forehead. Master is sure to make his comments loud enough so that the young ladies of the accessory department can enjoy his wit. It is the same ladies who try to get Igor and Master interested in helmets. Since they share the same brain, perhaps they will only require one helmet. However, Master uses some form of arcane logic to determine that the only "accessories" they will need are saddle bags. He looks squarely in our direction and makes his comments about helmets and sissies. Not wanting to be beaten about the head and shoulder by the geezer holding a helmet, Master quickly backs off his comments.

That tattoo on his forehead must posses some magical qualities, because Master drops the bomb of stupid comments. Master wants saddle bags big enough to hold a case of beer each. Igor waits for his turn with the brain, and then remarks about how they can pick it up on the way home. I did not see either Igor or the Master test ride a bike so I am uncertain if either has a license, but at a minimum new bikes, helmet-less riders, and beer are on the agenda for Igor and Master. I seriously doubt that Igor and Master will resit the urge to ride after a few beers. Something about their tattoos and piercings tell me they are prone to impulse.

While Master's talisman may be an inky smudge on his forehead, my own talisman remains an Arai. I wish Igor, Master, and their shared brain the best, but I cringe about these two being out on the road. The best thing that could happen is that they not have enough credit to buy the bikes. While it would be a bummer, they might live longer.

Now that is the kind of story I wish was not real...
helmets should be issued with the bike in my opinion.. still I get the whole right to choose thing..often times as bad as it sounds I feel that rights need not be thrown to the person who is to stupid to execise good judgment...I love my dad and often think he is a very smart man..still I wish that he rode with a helmet....:shame:

then again what do I know... I just like my skin how it looks PRIOR to the impact therein lies my decision to cover up :shrug:

WOW, what a video. I'm no prude, but that is disturbing.

Yep, We came across Igor and Master at the local Honda dealer near Fort Hood. That particular dealer carries Suzuki, and some brand of questionable quality called "Lifan". Unfortunately we left without the '08 Wing. Could not quite close the deal before needing to get back to Post. I did not see the end result if Igor and Master got the bikes, figured I would have read about it if they had.

Darwin is about to come calling. Do not interfere with the laws of nature and natural selection. It is preordained.

Darwin is about to come calling. Do not interfere with the laws of nature and natural selection. It is preordained.

True and organ donors are an important segment of society. I just hope they don't make some lifestyle mistakes that renders their organs unusable. :rofl:

The miracles of modern medicine continue to thwart Natural Selection, jk

Back