• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

replacement part

JasonJ

Reaction score
after months of dealing with the same problem on my KLR, with both me and the dealership unable to determine the problem, i went ahead and replaced the faulty part with this:

strom.jpg

most expensive KLR repair ever. i was heading this direction anyway, anywhere i was taking the KLR, a strom could go. 2009 650 with ABS. pretty **** happy :mrgreen: .

Congratulations!

If I can get out of a meeting next week, I hope you bring it to the Thursday lunch at Billy's. I would to see it.

Wayne

so, ive had a week off, had some fun riding with the wife and even managed some serious farkling...

skid plate and engine guards
rox 2" risers / extended brake line
garmin GPS and accessory shelf
tall touring wind screen
wolfman tank bag
eastern beaver accessory wiring harness
new ipod and even splurged on the etymotics

still to come, new seat, hyperlites, piaa lights for the front, handlebar, hand guards.

oh, and frikken lazer beams...as soon as i can find 'em.

side.jpg

dash.jpg

rox.jpg

skid.jpg

Jason! WOW.... Super nice paint job. Who did that?

Wayne

its a decal, done on some kind of reflective stuff. i believe Warhammer started the craze, i'm just a copy cat. guy over on stromtrooper sells them.

SWEEEEET. That bike is really coming along well. Can't wait to see it Thursday if you can make it out for lunch.

I saw your old bike today when I had to run out and buy an new rear tube. Yeah, old tube was too old to reuse when I pulled it and my lightly used spare either wasn't as lightly used as I thought or I pinched in when I put it in. I hate it when that happens.

And yes I like the decal. Just not sure whether to leave the movie quote or whether I have to edit the spelling around the filter. :giveup: :lol2:

dont forget i have a 21" and 17" heavy duty tube set to give ya, if you need them before we hook up at a thursday lunch just let me know Rusty, i'm only 10 minutes away.

a 17"? shoot, I thought the rear you had was an 18" so I bought two 17"s so I would have a new spare. :doh: Oh well, all three of my bikes use 17" rears so they will get used.

I went to Central Texas Stealer today to get a bid on the Sporty and look at the Wee and they tried to sell me the Verys. Said it was better for pavement. I should have rode off with the Wee like you did. :mrgreen:

I went to Central Texas Stealer today to get a bid on the Sporty and look at the Wee and they tried to sell me the Verys. Said it was better for pavement. I should have rode off with the Wee like you did. :mrgreen:

Don't leave us hanging.... Did you take the Versys or leave with the bid only?

Don't leave us hanging.... Did you take the Versys or leave with the bid only?

The wouldn't give me an exact bid because I said I was waiting a month to buy another bike. So I left with no bid, no verys, no wee.

My vote is for the Wee. I've never ridden either, but the aftermarket for the Wee is huge. Not so much for the Versys.

So, is that your old KLR at CTPS? If so they deny any knowledge of any problems with the bike. :-P

Back