• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Honda V4!!

Anyone notice it's a UK website?

No option for English (US)

Honda's marketing of the new bike reminds me of what BMW did with the new K series
"Face the Power" campaign.

And surely the US wouldn't be left out of such a highly anticipated machine... would it?

That EKG is not conducive to life.

I was just about to mention that. LOL.

Just more fluff from Honda. The motorcycle doesn't even appear in the ad.

"Habeas corpus! Habeas corpus!" :miffed:

They gonna keep dinkin us honda loyalists along...I'm seriously considering the new bmw!

silhoutte_en_GB-1024x768.jpg

or later

Just another twist on the Nigerian scam targeting people who think Honda is still designing new motorcycles. Just watch, pretty soon you'll be sending them your bank account details.

In my younger years there was always a Honda in my garage. Then it seemed that Honda had been left behind by the other manufacturers. While Honda won the Touring segment, pushing the Voyager and Venture to the side, Honda, until recently with the CBR, has been late to the game in most other segments. The Head honcho of Honda for North America admitted as much at the dealer's conference prior to the release of the new CBR. He acknowledge that Honda was no longer seen as being "exciting". Very, very good motorcycles, but some how were not keeping up in terms of excitement. So here we have a Honda commercial that is all hype and no bike. Looks like Honda is taking a step backwards by not getting a replacement for the ST or VFR here sooner. It is my understanding some variant of the new motor was to power each of those bikes. I won't hold my breath and wait for Honda, because I want to ride today.

Going off on a slight tangent here but why do motorcycle manufactureres not bring to the US all of the cool bikes that they offer elsewhere (like Europe)? Is it strictly a marketting issue or does the US require a lengthy & expensive certification process or something like that for different models? If it is purely a marketting issue then it would seem silly to me. I mean why worry if one Honda takes away sales of another, I'd think you'd be glad that at least the overall sale went to Honda instead of another brand.

Back