• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Combat Vets Motorcycle Association

Reaction score
Greetings All!

It seems that there are a lot of us enjoying the peace and solitude, as well as the camaraderie of being with other motorcyclists. Regardless of whether you are a seasoned rider or a new one, ride a sport bike, a cruiser, a chopper, or a scooter, there is much to be learned from each other. While this is what has brought many of us to this forum, I would like to extend an invitation for veterans to become part of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association. www.combatvet.org

We are an Association of Combat Veterans from all branches of the United States Armed Forces who ride motorcycles as a hobby. Our mission now is to support and defend those who have defended our country and our freedoms. Our focus is to help veteran care facilities provide a warm meal, clothing, shelter, and guidance, or simply to say "Thank You." and "Welcome Home." We ARE NOT A MOTORCYCLE CLUB.

Our membership is comprised of Full Members (those with verified combat service) and Supporter Members (those who have non-combat military service, and have a sincere dedication to helping veterans). We have members from nearly all 50 states and living abroad. Many members continue to serve in our Armed Forces, with many serving in combat areas now.

We sponsor and/or participate in many motorcycle-related charity events each year, and as a non-profit organization, donate to various veteran care facilities and veteran charities. There are chapters in almost every state, with many of our members involved with other motorcycle groups, the VFW, American Legion, The Patriot Guard, etc. Not only does this enable us to share our experiences to begin the healing process, but it continues expanding the network of friends and others. An additional benefit is that it may provide valuable information about how to effectively cut through the red tape to obtain services at the VA, connect you with a lost comrade, or provide you with someone else to talk to that has been through or is going through what you've experienced.

Many of you may know that there are a large number of returning veterans that go out and get a motorcycle as soon as they return, longing for the excitement and freedom that they have to offer, and unfortunately many of these new riders become seriously injured or killed. Being a part of an association such as the CVMA, provides newer riders, or returning ones, an opportunity to have a mentor(s) to gain valuable knowledge and information about proper riding techniques and safe operation. It is one more way that we can continue to support our veterans.

I joined this association in September of 2007 and I have made many new friends, most of them Vietnam veterans, and they have been instrumental in helping me with dealing with the VA and some tough days and nights. Not to mention, we've had some really fun road trips and the occasional bike night get together during the week.

If you think you might be interested in joining the CVMA, check out the website at www.combatvet.org. If you would like to talk to me about it, or if you have any questions, drop me a message and I'll gladly respond.

Thank you for your service to our great country and most of all, WELCOME HOME!:patriot:

Unfortunately I was treated like so much dog do when I was at the Durango rally in 04. I saw the sign and drove up to introduce myself and possibly become a member and I was told that if I wasn't a member then get the heck out of here. I am a Vietnam combat Vet, crewchief/door gunner on a huey gunship and have 10 air medals etc. Maybe someone was having a bad day but to me, a combat vet would be welcome at my fire anytime

Unfortunately I was treated like so much dog do when I was at the Durango rally in 04. I saw the sign and drove up to introduce myself and possibly become a member and I was told that if I wasn't a member then get the heck out of here. I am a Vietnam combat Vet, crewchief/door gunner on a huey gunship and have 10 air medals etc. Maybe someone was having a bad day but to me, a combat vet would be welcome at my fire anytime

I love door gunners!
Bravo Company
2nd Battalion,7th Cavalry
1st Air Cav.
1968-69

jaxdwg,

First off, thanks for your service to our country during some troublesome years. Second, I'm sorry that you got shunted by those guys in Durango. I have found on occasion that my own CVMA brothers treat me differently, even being a member, but I think that it's a people thing not organizational. Anyway, I invite you to give the CVMA a try once again. Louisiana has a chapter, and I had the pleasure of meeting some of them at the CVMA national rally in Tulsa, this past June. They were a great group of guys and would be honored to have you join them. If they won't let me know. You are welcome at our campfire anytime!!!:chug:

I sure miss those Hueys... Blackhawks are an excellent machine, but there's nothing like the sound of a Huey coming in to bail you out of a bad situation!

Hello all!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Houston Chapter of the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association (CVMA) 23-4 is official and up and running with events scheduled for the next several months. In addition, we have a chapter in San Antonio, the DFW area, and one way out in El Paso. If you would like more information on upcoming events, an application, or if you have questions, please post up or contact me. You can also visit the CVMA website at www.combatvet.org for more information about our association.

Ride safe!

Back