• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Pie Run comes to Arizona

Congrats on getting the first one going :clap:.

My mapping shows 1150 miles to Phoenix from my house...I might have to leave a litter earlier than usual to make this one :lol2:

Congrats on getting the first one going :clap:.

My mapping shows 1150 miles to Phoenix from my house...I might have to leave a litter earlier than usual to make this one :lol2:

Be sure you allow for that time zone thing.
If WE leave here at breakfast on Friday, we can be there in time for lunch on Saturday, easy.

Post the details here. The meetup site is blocked on gov'y machines.

Just as an FYI since you linked to the last event to show how large it has become, I think the record attendance for a Pie Run is somewhere just North of 150 people for the Conroe event at Pie In The Sky last Jan or Feb.

Cool - we may have to meet "in the middle" sometime...:trust:

Pietown, NM.

That's what I am thinking... :trust:

That works for me. If it's late spring - early fall I'll go up on a Friday night and stay at my mom's in Lakeside AZ, and then ride to Pie Town the next morning.

Post the details here. The meetup site is blocked on gov't machines.
Not much to post up. The mods just agreed that a "Pie Run" would be worth trying out. Not much reaction from the rest of the group yet. Might just me and a mod attending at this point. :doh: The date is Sept 26 and there hasn't been a location decided upon yet.

Just as an FYI since you linked to the last event to show how large it has become, I think the record attendance for a Pie Run is somewhere just North of 150 people for the Conroe event at Pie In The Sky last Jan or Feb.
Yep. Me and Chuck were keeper of the tally that day and I think we agreed that about 115 bikes were there.

that was my first, and possibly the most amazing, meetup i've ever seen. i havent been able to catch any more cause of issues. but i hope to attend maybe one or two more this year if i can get out :mrgreen: afraid i wouldnt have the ability to take an arizona pie run though, atleast not for now. because if i went, i'd make a good trip out of it. :rider:

Pie Town NM, great pie and the roads are great this time of the year.

It will take me 6-8 hours to get to Benson AZ from Pie Town coming down the Devil's Highway. This would need to be a three day weekend for me to give me time to stage in Lakeside on Friday, ride to Pie Town on Saturday, and then try to make it to Benson (sister's place) Saturday night to sleep and then back home on Sunday. It would be a loooooong day for most of the Texas folks if they were to venture that far west.
:rider:

3898997172_c8ae02bc97.jpg

Back