• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Magna Lighting Question

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Honda Magna V45 and am considering putting 2 - 55W lights on it. My question is, will the alternator support this additional load? I have no other electrical accessories on the bike other than what came from the factory.

I recommend replacing the stock headlight with an HID kit. More than twice as bright as stock and draws 35 watts on low beam instead of the stock 55 watts (most bikes).

There are several low cost HID dealers on the continent (makes any warranty returns much better). I've done business with these folks and am very satisfied.

I bought the bike with a light bar on it and when I put the new Fats windshield on, the lights that were there were too big. I'm looking for a couple of lights to replace those.

considering putting 2 - 55W lights on it. My question is, will the alternator support this additional load?

No problem Don, the alt puts out IIRC 375 watts. On my tracking of regulators for these no one has lost a regulator who is running 110 watts of lights. Regarding the headlight, the VTX headlight is a popular mod.

I sent you an email regarding jetting your carbs.

Back