• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shinko 705 Tires - Vstrom Install and Review

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
Well when I got home from work today, I found packages from Santa.

Two new Shinko 705's
3oz of dyna beads
2 motion pro 11" tire irons
1 tire changer

I didn't plan on installing tires tonight, but I was so excited I installed the rear. I will post pics and initial thoughts tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 146
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 121
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Re: Purple and Santa = Shinko 705 Tires

I put my 705's on two days ago. Me likey. Seem more 'centrifugal' than the Tourances.

Is Santa flying early or late this year?

Yes the purple and green Santa showed up eatly this year and brought me goodies.

And Being impatient I installed the rear last night no trouble hardest part was the dyna beads.

Nice block pattern
Installed at 7800 miles (I could have gotten maybe another 1000 out of the Trailwing, with my riding style) so if anybody want some used tires let me know

Cost for both $120 included shipping
Bias ply
"Q" Rated 99mph
Load Rate to 717lbs
MAX PSI 33lbs Cold (need to look on Stromtroopers to see their recommended running pressure)
REAR Center block height - 7.6mm
REAR Edge block height - 10.1mm
Didn't measure the front
1 oz Dyna Bead Front
2 oz Dyna Bead Rear

Intial impression - Excelent Quality for the Price

Attachments

• tires11.jpg
    tires11.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 117
  • tires12.jpg
    tires12.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 152
  • tires13.jpg
    tires13.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 139
  • tires14.jpg
    tires14.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 139
  • tires15.jpg
    tires15.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 154
Re: Purple and Green Santa = Shinko 705 Tires

So I have not put as many miles on the Shinko as I would have liked to over the last few weeks, with work and all the rain. But when I have been able to ride I noticed the following

1) Louder than the TrailWing (no big deal)
2) Turn in is faster than the TW's
3) Dynabeads work as described
4) Confident in the corners, very similar to TW's
5) more aggressive on dirt roads very planted at 33 psi, and I bet that gets better if you air it down to 20 to 25 psi for dirt

So far for the price it is a very confident tire and if the life of the tire is 7,000 or better, I will run them till they stop making them.

It is not really a tire changer, but a bead breaker. I like it simple and easy to use, it get the rim off the ground. So you don't have to worry about singing or banging up rotors or the sprocket. I did add some pipe iNsulation so I would not mar the rim. I paid 99 of eBay and could have gotten the harbor freight unit for 130, but it make it alot easier.

I have about 1,000 on mine and like them very much. I thought they were a little slower to turn in than the former Tourances, but those were worn down pretty well. And now that I've gotten used to them I know they are more 'able' than I am. I've never felt unconfident on them even during fast tight turns.

Back