• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #14: Man's Best Friend

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Some say a dog is man's best friend, and I'd tend to agree. For this next assignment, you are to capture the essence of a dog's life as it relates to their happiness. That can be something they are doing on their own where they are happy, or what you perceive them to be doing to make their owner happy. Or, just a really cool, innovative, interesting photo of your dog doing what dogs do.

I'll be looking for both composition and technical aspects where the title "Man's Best Friend" is all that is needed. ie: when you see the picture, you'll already know why the title of this assignment is appropriate.

Here's a few I can dig up to get us going. I'd really like to see a lot of folks participate in this one. If you don't have a dog - go borrow one. Or hit the parks/lakes in search of one!

14Dog_3.jpg

14Dog_2.jpg

14Dog_1.jpg

Use this thread for posting shots previously taken, or current shots asking questions, or just talking about the assignment. I'll open up a different post for you to post your actual submission entry. Your submission entry can be something new or one you posted here, but the picture HAS to be taken between now and Monday September 21st midnight. A winner will be chosen sometime after midnight that Monday and announced at that time. The winner will then post the next two week assignment topic.

Let's get out there and create some great shots!

Last edited:
I have two dogs but could not get them to stay together. Can I enter both or enter only one?

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

I have two dogs but could not get them to stay together. Can I enter both or enter only one?

In this assignment thread, post as many previous shots, current shots, questions and so forth as you want. However, only one picture can be submitted for your entry which has it's own thread. Also, the entry photograph must have been taken between 09/08/2009 and 09/21/2009 midnight. There's a 'sticky' with the assignment rules you might want to review.

If you have questions, just ask!

......well, 'cept for how to get two dogs to stay still while you fiddle with the camera! ;-)

May have to try this one.... you can never have too many pictures of your 4-legged friends. Here's a couple I really enjoy.

img3372aaaa.jpg

aimg1746aa.jpg

Does anybody have cool shots of their dog in the air catching a frisbee or jumping off a dock into water? I've always liked those....

Well... here's one I took many years ago - 2 megapixel camera set on a low resolution and overly punched up with newly found Photoshop giddiness. I almost hate to post it but the composition is something I've tried to duplicate and just can't. The perfect catch, under a watchful (and jealous) eye along with the shadow to give the leap a real sense of height just works for me.

Plus the Sheltie pictured recently passed... she was a great dog.

lxleapa.jpg

Our old friend, Jake - now worm food; Humane Society refugee, Maddie - momma's dog; Elvis the weenie dog - belongs to our adult daughter; and Harley of Spotted Tongue - the new king of the ranch.

P.S. Don't let my wife see the one with her mouth hangin' open. :eek2:

Attachments

• DSC01359.jpg
    DSC01359.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Arkansas 023.jpg
    Arkansas 023.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Arkansas 021.jpg
    Arkansas 021.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Arkansas 016.jpg
    Arkansas 016.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 182
Remember the Movie "Mr MOM" with Micheal Keeton? Well in that Movie the little kid had a blankee he always carried around and called it his "Woobie". Well this is SRAD's Woobie(really) and he doesn't want to share the toy or his Daddy with the baby Heidi!;-)

Marie
HeavyBusracing.com

Attachments

• DCFC0110.jpg
    DCFC0110.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 189
Im a point and shoot guy so I dont/cant enter these contests, but with this theme, I have to share this one.
412095146_gNutH-L.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

Eleven year old dog that still has grace, energy, speed, and spunk.

Gary, great shot of dog sitting by the door. Has a nice composition and feel to it. He's waitin' for his best friend to come home.

Back