• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seat refoam

MGN54

Reaction score
Recently picked up a 2000 VFR. Really enjoying the bike but the seat, not so much! Has me squirming within 30-40 minutes it seems. :giveup: Funny thing is the seat is a Sargents. Have had them in the past and never a problem. Wondering if the PO had this cut down as he was rather short in the inseam. Or possibly this seat was put on early in the bikes life and the foam is just worn out.

Emailed Spencers seats figuring that was my answer but he pretty much passed siting the possibility that the seat was shaved down or ordered cut down...don't know what difference that would make but I was disappointed in that.

Bottom line is, I would like to have the front half refoamed. Nothing fancy...just need some firmer foam so I won't be sitting on the seat pan! Anyone have a source here in Texas that can get the job done for a reasonable fee? Preferably someone near central Texas that I could take the seat to and discuss options?

Thanks!

Yep, that is Spencer. Have heard nothing but good reports on him. Disappointed that he didn't want to tackle it for some reason. The search continues..... Might have to get a stock seat and let him work his wonders on that maybe. But I like the look of my Sargent with the yellow piping. Also, passenger portion is yellow as well. Have not seen one like this.

Shoot Mike McClay and email at sewnproducts@att.net and tell him I sent you over. He's been doing upholstery, etc for 24 years and is in the DFW area.

Send it back to Sargents, they'll refoam it for you.

Larry
VFRrider

Back