• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cafe Racer?

Reaction score
http://www.mac-motorcycles.com/peashooter_black.html

peashooter_black_800x455.jpg

Supposedly they'll still be built just for the class, but they won't carry Buell branding anymore, they'll just be a "Blast". The only way to buy one will be after it's flogged to death teaching Rider's Edge courses.

Love the looks. But not sure on the use of a Blast motor. Would have to see how it actually performs. Cool concept, though.

The only way to buy one will be after it's flogged to death teaching Rider's Edge courses.

And The Blast flogs itself to death with all the idling it must do over the course of the class. I've never seen another street bike that shakes and vibrates so badly at idle.

The Buell motor looks better.

Yeah, but...

A quick comparison of the specs shows a jump from 34 to 48 horsepower, a nice bump in a bike this size. The Yamaha single, in contrast to the Blast, is fuel injected and water cooled while offering parts and service from your nearest Yamaha dealer, not a bad thing. According to Mac, the pricing is expected to stay the same.

I'll take the Yammie motor any day.

While the Blast motor looks "cleaner" in regards to design, I think the Yamaha can be tidied up a bit, and will be the engine of choice.

Looks good except for the stubby tail section. Lengthen it just a bit and I would like it better.

Back