• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

need some help

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Garcia
i have a question. i just recieved a 1995 Katana and it has a hole in the gas tank that leaks out. my question is is there anyway to repair the hole. and also would a gas tank off a 2005 katana fit the 1995

Re: ned some help

What size hole, pin hole, pencil size, rusted or solid around the hole and rest of the tank?

You can weld it up and or depending on the size of the hole, a tank sealer, Por 15. If it's rusted through there is a good chance more holes will pop up as it's cleaned or in use than you must use a tank sealer.

the visible hole is the size of a match? is it a rust hole or is the hole from something else.

the earlyer 1100 Katana (88-) is prone to developing cracks around the tack welds for the sending unit.

from what i can tell it is just a match head sized hole but i will have to take a look to see if there is a crack along with it

TLRam1 and focus frenzy have good points. If this is corrosion from inside out, the wall integrity surrounding the failure may be worn thin as well.

I don't know if the tanks are interchangeable.

I have no personal experience from this but I do know someone who repaired their tank with JB Weld (punctures about the size you describe). It's worked for him...

Back