• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Georgetown Honda going out of business (Rumor busted!)

Re: Georgetown Honda going out of business

Ya know, It always seemed like a Library in there but they unlike some others in the area, {just north} Had some parts in stock from low buck to high end, Didnt have to order every time I needed something for the XR, No longer own a Honda but it's a shame to see em go. SZ.

I was told by a long time dealer that the place was run more like a tax write off. The intent was not in the making of money, selling bikes. Apparently it was needed to balance a tax load for some uber rich entity.

A new CBR1000RR for $7999 is a smokin' good deal. :eek2:

Rats! That is where I liked to go for service on my ST1300. I wonder if the new Honda dealer south of Austin has anything to do with this.

Rats! I like the guys in the parts department. Can anyone recommend a Honda m/c dealer within 50 miles or so of Georgetown?

I haven't been in the new Cowboy Honda yet, but plan on checking it out this month after the Pie Run.

Rats! That is where I liked to go for service on my ST1300. I wonder if the new Honda dealer south of Austin has anything to do with this.

I always like Bob, their lead mechanic (they still carried Kawasaki next door). He used to work on my bikes before Woods taught me the value of being self-sufficient. Sounds like he's headed for Lone Star BMW. :clap:

I haven't been in the new Cowboy Honda yet, but plan on checking it out this month after the Pie Run.

Went in there yesterday to buy this $7599 2007 Red, White and Blue VFR but it had already been sold.

They seemed like nice enough folks. I would go back - which is WAY more than I can say for the "other Austin Honda dealer".

Dadgum. That's sad to hear. They treated J-Dawg really well when is Sabre's read tire decided to die a rotten death on our Memorial Day trip. Sorry to see them going out of business.

Thanks. Impressions?
I haven't been in there, just driven by it more than a few times. Nothing Honda makes interests me. They were building it out the last time that I as in the Motif Furniture store that shares the building with them, haven't stopped by since.

I was told by a long time dealer that the place was run more like a tax write off. The intent was not in the making of money, selling bikes. Apparently it was needed to balance a tax load for some uber rich entity.

That would explain why the wife and I were pretty much ignored when we went shopping in there about a year ago. There were at least 3 salesmen walking around but we had to actually go grab one to ask some questions. And we didn't get the "warm fuzzy" feelings of someone actually interested in selling us a bike.

Thanks. Impressions?

Cowboy is a descent place. They have nice folks working there but a limited supply of shelf items. I haven't used the service department but everyone else seems really nice and they won't ignore you like some other places do.

Cowboy is a descent place. They have nice folks working there but a limited supply of shelf items. I haven't used the service department but everyone else seems really nice and they won't ignore you like some other places do.

Thanks. I have had little experience with G'twn Honda but was generally impressed. Not so with the other dealer a few exits South. I will try the one in Kyle the next time I need something.

That seems consistent with some stories I have heard. The owner's family use to own one of the largest heating and air companies called I think Christensen Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. They are old Central Texas money.

I have always had very good experiences with their shop.

RB

Looks like I'll be going to my local honda place this tuesday. They arnt advertising the $7k price on their website. Maybe trying to pull a fast one. "Ah no we're not doing that. Are you stupid?"

Georgetown Honda: I bought my XR there in July. Great experience - highly recommend them.

They just repainted the Honda decor on the building in July/Beginning of August so I don't believe they are going out of business. Their website seems that they are getting rid of old inventory.

John

I heard it today from a reliable source. Their website sure seems to back the story.

http://www.georgetownhonda.com/

I don't know where everyone comes up with this stuff but I can promise we won't be going out of business. We are closing out old Honda factory inventory for them. We just finished re-painting the building and were getting ready for this recession to end. We are looking forward to a great rest of 2009 and are excited about 2010. Honda has a whole new line upcoming your way so get ready.

Dale Christianson
Owner Georgetown Honda

Back