• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any DR650 owners need a new throttle tube?

I used a wire wheel in my dremel to clean the remains of the OEM grip off the tube. A little messy, but definitely cheaper than replacing it.

I did the same, but wire wheel on a bench grinder (after shaving most off with a knife). Crude and messy, but worked.

You guys are harshin' my mellow here :zen:. I'll put my Dremel skillz up against anybody, but I figgered I'd get some schmoe or schmoe's to go in on a nice part and save a few bucks on shipping. :deal: But NOOOOO... who knew DR riders were a buncha cheap skates. :doh: :-P Man I just sold my KLR, I thought I was away from that world! :lol2: :rider:

Actually I was desperate. I had the other grip already off and Cycle Gear didn't have a new on to fit. Once I got it clean I knew I wouldn't need a new one next time. So unless I break mine, I'm good.

... who knew DR riders were a buncha cheap skates.

CHEAP?!? I resemble that remark.

Actually I was desperate. I had the other grip already off and Cycle Gear didn't have a new on to fit. Once I got it clean I knew I wouldn't need a new one next time. So unless I break mine, I'm good.

Same here... had my grips, was in the middle of changing, didn't know about the throttle grip, started cutting on it, then the next thing you know, there was black snow everywhere and I had some nice, cushy grips on my DR :rider:

Back