• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AT&T Netbook Commercial

that is a Ural side car rig! they are a Russian clone of a WW2 BMW that the Russians acquired when they took over a BMW plant at the end of the war.

they were made the exact same as they always had for a long time till relatively recently when they started to modernize by making slow but steady changes to improve and update the bikes.

Urals are world famous bikes. Designed in WW2 and never changed since. Keep a set of tools handy as they will will break. But you can fix it with a wrench screwdriver and hammer and you are on your way! What more do you want?

I have a netbook that is probably considered ancient now - an ASUS with a 7" screen. Packed so small, it was like carrying a hardcover novel in my pannier. I loved having it on the road with me, but I'm a net junkie and had to see my pics, post a blog, and check emails every day even when in vacation mode.

That's what I would use one for. Figure it might be better than the full size laptop 'puter.

Smaller than a plate at Waffle House. :trust:

p42700021sxv6.jpg

What about the netbook. Anybody use one while traveling? What do you think about it?

I use both a Ural and a netbook. I've got a Samsung NC10 with Ubuntu loaded on it. Nice size, easily readable - keyboard is smallish - but no worse than a lot of laptops I've used. Boots up fast, wireless, email, web, etc all very workable. I like it.

The Ural is a 2006 Patrol - and much is better for processor intensive tasks.

Kevo

What about the netbook. Anybody use one while traveling? What do you think about it?

I have the one from Verizon. I took it with me to Colorado. It was awesome. I could pull over on the side of the road and boot it up to get to the internet.

Back