• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inspection sticker color changed

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Nappier
The stickers are now silver instead of blue. I guess my friends that haven't changed thier sticker in years have one more year before it's obvious it's expired. :lol2:

Man, I just looked at mine the other day and it's 5 months out of date. Oops!

Having just moved here (and procrastinating on the whole tag-inspection thing) can you guys tell me what they look at? I'm not really worried about the bike (still curious) but my car has it's check engine light on - is that a problem?

Having just moved here (and procrastinating on the whole tag-inspection thing) can you guys tell me what they look at? I'm not really worried about the bike (still curious) but my car has it's check engine light on - is that a problem?

For the bike it's just the normal things, horn, tail/brake light, high/low beam, blinkers, tread depth.

And yes, if the car has the check engine light on, then it is a problem. You may have to find a place that will do an inspection kinda under the table if you don't want to fix the problem that is causing the light to come on.

got my xr650l inspected yesterday, it's blue.

What month did yours expire? Mine was good thru this month. I wander if it until that site runs out of blue or is it the month it expires.

jnappier, my sticker expired in August 09. For the first time the inspector ask me where to stick it:shame:I had him put it on the front fork below the triple. I know sticker placement has been an issue discussed here and was suprised when the guy said I could put it anywhere. :chug:

I went to the same place with 2 different bikes, one employee handed me the sticker and said they were not suppose to put it on. The second time the guy said they had to put it on. Go figure!

I went to the same place with 2 different bikes, one employee handed me the sticker and said they were not suppose to put it on. The second time the guy said they had to put it on. Go figure!

The place I went for the green sheet, said they had to mount it and it had to be under the plate. Dind't have the peice normally there for it, so had to cut a coke can and had em mount it on that.

just go to auto zone and have them clear the code and then drive straight to the inspection station. Chances are it won't have come back on by then

just go to auto zone and have them clear the code and then drive straight to the inspection station. Chances are it won't have come back on by then

if it is a OBD2 car that could be a problem as faults set failures on the drive cycle test and clearing a code may require you to run a drive cycle before it passes the test.

if it is a OBD2 car that could be a problem as faults set failures on the drive cycle test and clearing a code may require you to run a drive cycle before it passes the test.
+1, Just clearing the code ain't gonna do the trick. Usually takes 10-30mi to get those monitors to turn on.

+1, Just clearing the code ain't gonna do the trick. Usually takes 10-30mi to get those monitors to turn on.

Almost right. You're allowed to have up to two sensors that haven't turned themselves back on, and still pass. That said, just clear the one code and not all of them, and you should be fine so long as you only have one or two sensors not working, so long as the rest are.

Some cars you can pull the ground wire and it clears the code.
My 07 Dodge has a valve that is sensitive to oil viscosity, regular dino makes the light come on at 3500 miles and synthetic at 5K or more. I can reset the light by pulling the dip stick but it comes back on within 10 miles. Change the oil and it goes out at around 25 miles.:shrug: I don't care for it but what can a poor boy do?

Almost right. You're allowed to have up to two sensors that haven't turned themselves back on, and still pass. That said, just clear the one code and not all of them, and you should be fine so long as you only have one or two sensors not working, so long as the rest are.
I didn't say how many would come back on in those 10-30 mi :trust:

doing auto repair, it can be quite a pain to deal with a car and get it to trip those dumb things back on. Nothing like wasting time running down the road just to see if it'll pass :argh:

Back