• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Have you ever ridden "off road" ?

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Farris
To all motorcycle riders that ride off-road!
As most of you know we are always facing challenges in keeping riding areas open around the country.

Please see the email below and respond if compelled to help fellow riders in Texas.

Forwarded from Mike Farris - TRH. (note - Danny is teh current owner of Rio Bravo Motorcycle Park )

>>>This is the survey we talked about at the TRH meeting last night. It is important to send this to all TRH members and anyone else that rides and ask them to respond to this survey. Carol has identified some suggestions as listed below to simplify responding to the survey.

Thanks,

Danny Erdeljac<<<

All,

I would like to ask you to forward this link to as many of your friends and club memebers as possible, as soon as possible. The time limit for accepting public comment is close at hand, Sept 18th at 12 AM. Participation by the public will send a distinct, collective message to the TPWD on our ideas about the need for them to provide for safe, responsible, family oriented, motorized recreation in the future. PLease feel free to forward this email in it's entirety or edit it as you feel neccessary.

This is a lengthly, multiple choice survey about what you feel the TPWD should be concentrating on in the future. While filling in the entire form is a good idea, it's length will make that an unacceptable idea for many. Each question will ask you to check a box indicated that you have"no opinion", Agree completely", Disagree completely" or "Disagree specifically on".

My suggestion is that is time is a factor, simply go to Section # 2, titled " Increase Access to and Participation In the Outdoors"., directly under that question there is a box in which you are asked to check one of the opinions listed above and directly beneath it, is a section for the insertion of a comment. You must check something other than "no opinion" in order to write in this box.

My survey indicated that I would like the TPWD to increase access to and participation in the outdoors by:

1. Providing for safe, responsible, family oriented venues for motorized recreation on public lands.
2. Opening known, under utilized state parks for motorized recreation.

Also the fact that the TPWD is losing a vast amount of revenue by not providing for motorized recreational venues, as many offroaders now have to leave the state to find trails to ride on.

There are numerous places contained within the survey where one could insert their opinions on the TPWD providing for motorized recreation and, as our states' only recreational agency, it is their responsibility to do so.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/feedback/public_comment/proposals/200909_lwp_outline_c.phtml

PLEASE take the time to fill out at least this part of the survey. The survey has answered all the questions with the default answer of "no opinion", so it is possible to just fill in a small portion and still be able to submit the survey.

Thank you so much for your participation! Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you think would take the time to fill it out.

Carol L. Smith, Project Coordinator
TXTEAMM

AMA Community Council Director

NOHVCC State Rep.

Tread Lightly! Trainer

Wow that is one long survey, I will have to re-read your post and look at the survey when I have more time.

Back