• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New 2008 Honda 1000 RR Cheap

LowRyter

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Shawnee OK Honda is advertising a new 2008 1000 RR for $7999. That's a rocket ship that's perhaps only half generation old. I know a couple of buddies that purchased new STs for about $10k there too.

I had to tell somebody. It's a subject that I couldn't even mention to my wife without inciting a major disagreement regarding fantasizing of life's priorities.

:doh:

I purchased my ST from these guys last year. I'll give them a plug. Had the lowest price I found within a 500 mile circle of me.

I purchased my ST from these guys last year. I'll give them a plug. Had the lowest price I found within a 500 mile circle of me.

that's about the same time my buddies bought their's, about $10k close to the price?

Same deal at Dallas Honda
& a deal on the 07 1000R too
http://www.allambsdallashonda.com/other_vehicle_inventory.asp

2007 Honda CBR®1000RR
$6,999.00* Light Silver Metallic
Save $4300

2008 Honda CBR®1000RR
$7,999.00* Two-Tone Pearl Yellow / Black
Save $4000

2007 is not even current design/engine. They changed in 08...and lots of "noise" about 08 paint and excessive oil burning in early production runs.

We are just about to 2010...where are the 2009 deals? An 08 is effectively a 2 year old machine for $8K.

2007 is not even current design/engine. They changed in 08...and lots of "noise" about 08 paint and excessive oil burning in early production runs.

We are just about to 2010...where are the 2009 deals? An 08 is effectively a 2 year old machine for $8K.

And that is why the price is so low.

And that is why the price is so low.

Matter of opinion I suppose. I don't consider that to be "cheap"...more like "dumping" excess inventory that could not be sold. And why is that? I'm thinking the rumors about the 08 problems just might be true.

Sure glad I'm not an owner that paid anything close to full price. It's going to be a real booger to sell a used 08 CBR if you have one. The value just went in the toilet big time.

Good price for a great bike. Most dealers can't sell units right now so they are offering financing to just about anyone and the prices are dropping like crazy. Even the used market is falling.

Back