• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Problem with a BMW rider in Fredricksburg

Reaction score
First Name
Van "Shiloh"
Last Name
Rowe
Problem with a BMW rider in Fredricksburg:
OK So my friend and I are winding down our 3 sisters trip and heading through Fredricksburg after stopping in Luckenbach...
We doing the speed limit and approacing town where the limit drops to 55 mph

We were gassing up at the Shell station out of town earlier when the BMW rider pulled along side to gas up as well... we nodeda nd waved towards him with no reply... so we just let it go.. maybe he was tired or his mommma told him not to talk to strangers...
anyway back to the speed limit of 55 ..
we start slowwing down at the sign and he comes flying up and sweres around us into the passing lane way too close for comfort then cuts right back over in front of us... I look at my friend and say " he must be in a hurry to get a ticket", we catch up at the lights through town..
now up ahead there is police woman on a bike pedaling through town, and a small red car stayign behind her to give her room next to all the parked cars... the BMW rider rides up the red cars rear end and starts waving his hand to get moving, blowing his horn, throwinghis little hissy...
What the heck! Dude get a grip! This is not the track! even the police woman turns around on the bike... at this point my frienf and I start to think we should engage the rider and help cool him down ... this guy is going to hurt someone with his riding and road rage ... But we let it go and turn off to take our ride north...
I don't know what his problem was.. Iguess being to close to guys on a Harley... And people think that the those in black leather and loud pipes are the bad guys...
Rant Off ....

It was probably your fault

:lol2: Beemer guy sounds like a *******. *****ness is certainly not restricted to any one brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if you're that pissed off at the world... stay home!
No manner of riding was gonna make this dude happy...
He had planty of room, his intent was to cut us off ... and he did
he just didnt get anywhere after he did it...
Maybe he was scared at the light and was trying to get away....
My friend wanted to helmet smack him, but I talked him out of it...

Sorry. I rode through Nacogdoches earlier that day and the OTT rally was on. Everywhere I went I was stuck behind a Harley and was tired of being behind them. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the trailer + bike really slows down the truck that pulls it.

Not really. I haven't been anywhere near Fredricksburg in weeks. It doesn't matter the make, behavior like that is uncouth and is unacceptable.

Last edited:
I see this one getting locked by morning

That behavior is what makes a rider give all of us a bad name. There is no call for being a giant massengil dispenser like that individual. Good on ya for not playing into his game.

I wonder if Fredricksburg LEOs or DPS ever found reason to pull him over?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this BMW rider named SparkySomething ... maybe SparkyBlue. Every time I ride with him I end up getting a ticket. This sounds exactly like how he'd ride if he were in the Hill Country.

Oh hi Glenn ... didn't see your post above. :)

Next time, get out of my way! :rider:

Just goes to show this type of behavior isn't brand specific. It will be interesting to see if his encounter with two "slow" Harleys ends up on the BMW board. :mrgreen:

Bottom line is that a little courtesy would have gone a long way.

I was trying to catch up with the COP on a bike. She stole my drivers license. :argh:

I know this BMW rider named SparkySomething ... maybe SparkyBlue. Every time I ride with him I end up getting a ticket. This sounds exactly like how he'd ride if he were in the Hill Country.

Oh hi Glenn ... didn't see your post above. :)

Hi Charlie; it aint that way :lol2:

Next time, get out of my way! :rider:

Just goes to show this type of behavior isn't brand specific. It will be interesting to see if his encounter with two "slow" Harleys ends up on the BMW board. :mrgreen:

Bottom line is that a little courtesy would have gone a long way.

+1

It's just people... riders used to be fun loving vagabonds who were pretty relaxed. Now days there are more massengill dispensers period and some of those bozos buy bikes.

This weekend coming back from Ruidoso I was in a group of 3 bikes. A sport bike, a cruiser, and me on the sport-tourer. We were doing the speed limit of 55 and got caught behind a group of slow moving bikes. We slowed down and gave them room for a few miles. I was a little annoyed that they made no effort to let us pass but let it go since I was having a great day and great ride. They were only going 30-35 mph but we waited till a straight away and put on the turn signal and started to pass.

Well the bikes started to speed up and drift towards the oncoming lane attempting to block us from passing. Being the back rider in our group I was up to 95 mph trying to pass before the upcoming sharp turn. I ended up having to pull a Valentino Rossi style late brake on the guy to back them off. The move backed him off enough to let me in back in the normal lane before the turn. I felt bad to slam on the brakes at the last second and scare the pants off another rider but when I looked back after the turn, there were four riders who broke off from thier group in and attempt to prevent us from passing them.

I was livid. What kind of idiot tries to intentionally wreck another rider for no reason on a winding road. This kind of "brotherhood" is one of the reasons I am starting to rethink the biker wave. The fact is there are more slimeballs than ever and we have to work harder than ever to prevent one of these morons from hurting us, our families. It's kind of sad if you think about.

It's just people... riders used to be fun loving vagabonds who were pretty relaxed. Now days there are more massengill dispensers period and some of those bozos buy bikes.

This weekend coming back from Ruidoso I was in a group of 3 bikes. A sport bike, a cruiser, and me on the sport-tourer. We were doing the speed limit on 55 and got caught behind a group of slow moving bikes. We slowed down and gave them room for a few miles. I was a little annoyed that they made no effort to let us pass but let it go since I was having a great day and great ride. They were only going 30-35 mph but we waited till a straight away and put on the turn signal and started to pass.

Well the bikes started to speed up and drift towards the oncoming lane attempting to block us from passing. Being the back rider in our group I was up to 95 mph trying to pass before the upcoming sharp turn. I ended up having to pull a Valentino Rossi style late brake on the guy to back them off. The move backed him off enough to let me in back in the normal lane before the turn. I felt bad to slam on the brakes at the last second and scare the pants off another rider but when I looked back after the turn, there were four riders who broke off from thier group in and attempt to prevent us from passing them.

I was livid. What kind of idiot tries to intentionally wreck another rider for no reason on a winding road. This kind of "brotherhood" is one of the reasons I am starting to rethink the biker wave. The fact is there are more slimeballs than ever and we have to work harder than ever to prevent one of these morons from hurting us, our families. It's kind of sad if you think about.

I recently ran into that on a road trip back east. TWICE!!! I hate to say it but both were some kind of club run, had colors but were not 1%s. Luckily, my BMW is faster than their Harleys:lol2: One incident happened in Arkansas and the other in Tennessee, both on I 40.

I see both types of behavior (too fast, too furious, and not allowing to pass) from all kinds of vehicles. They're everywhere these days.

I think he was merely trying to maintain adequate speed to try and keep his final drive cool. I've heard that without a constant stream of fresh air, they tend to catch fire all by themselves.;-)

:duck:

I think he was merely trying to maintain adequate speed to try and keep his final drive cool. I've heard that without a constant stream of fresh air, they tend to catch fire all by themselves.;-)

Is THAT why I've seen so many GS's being wheelied ... :)

I usually just stop for 2 or 3 minutes and let the slow pokes get ahead. If it's a good set of twisties, I've been known to turn around and go back up the road a ways. I prefer non-confrontational riding.
Hugh:rider:

Well, it wasn't me. My beemer was sound asleep in the garage yesterday. Honest......

A few can go a long way to damage any perception of the majority being decent riders.

Back