• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cowboys Home opener

Reaction score
Let me start off with a disclaimer....I have a decent camera, but I'm no good with it. Disclaimer #2..... I'm not a football fan. I have had a very blessed life and I was able to attend the cowboys first regular season game inside of Jerry's new toy, but I was more excited about shooting bad pictures than the actual game. Here you go folks, I hope you enjoy.

cowboys92009067.jpg

cowboys92009081.jpg

The unveiling of the new star. I know this one is dark but as bad as some of my pictures turn out, I am a purist

cowboys92009108.jpg

cowboys92009137.jpg

The first snap ever in the new stadium.

cowboys92009129.jpg

I really like this one for some reason...

cowboys92009097.jpg

And I'm a little proud of this

cowboys92009192.jpg

Thanks for having us Jerry but it's time to head home

Last edited:
You've got some nice shots in there. I'd take a class or two if you really enjoy it. Seems like you are just a few technical details from fantastic shots. I mean, we take classes at the race track to ride better because we love it, go take some photo classes and improve there too since you seem to love that too. I'd be excited to see what you can turn out.

Unless you get paid to shoot for someone else, the important thing to remember about photography is, you only have to please yourself. Keeping that in the back of your mind will release tremendous pressure as well as make you want to better your next shot.

The one you like is cool in my opinion. I probably would have shot a bunch of frames of just that to get it right, ie: without the guys hands and maybe a different crop. With practice your confidence will improve. Just shoot a BUNCH of frames and see what sticks!

Unless you get paid to shoot for someone else, the important thing to remember about photography is, you only have to please yourself. Keeping that in the back of your mind will release tremendous pressure as well as make you want to better your next shot.

The one you like is cool in my opinion. I probably would have shot a bunch of frames of just that to get it right, ie: without the guys hands and maybe a different crop. With practice your confidence will improve. Just shoot a BUNCH of frames and see what sticks!

Of course film is cheap for a digital camera and normally I would have shot several more but the strange thing is that I do like the hands in that shot. Jasen, admittedly part of my problems is that I dabble too much and don't become proficient in one thing. I took a class once but my teacher wasn't very good at getting her point across(she was a photographer but it was her first time teaching a class) so I took very little from the class. Also, I learn by doing and not by reading or listening in a class. Thank you both for taking time to comment.

Last shot is best in my opinion. Lens choice plays a big part if you are up in the stands trying to get shots of players.

Otherwise, throw it in manual, shoot a high ISO, and have some fun.
Experimentation is a good thing.

In the third photo, number nine is senor Romo.

So who is number eight....taking the snap in the fourth photo? :-P

Back