• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #15: "Bike Night" (ENTRY HERE)

Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Last Name
Bakker
Post your single entry for Photo Assignment #15 - "Bike Night" in this thread.

Your photograph has to have been taken between September 23rd and Monday, October 5th midnight.

Also, please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted. Photographs should stand on their own for your interpretation of "Bike Night".

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until midnight, Monday, October 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCF5442.jpg

Went outside real quick and got this with the help of tonight's moon:
(just for the sake of participation)
NightNinja-1-2.jpg

Ok, now for the fun part... picking a winner! I'll just run through these real quick and announce the winner.

Voni: I really like the darkness and solitude this image portrays - riding through the dark wilderness. Unfortunately I think the amount of darkness in the photo makes it hard to tell what is going on, and where the rider is going.

DogBunny: Wow! So much potential here. Great atmospheric shot and the people walking by are a plus. I really like the different colored lights that were captured. The composition is what kills it for me. The bike is dead center and the imposing chevy on the right is distracting.

M38A1: Definitely a nice shot of the capital with a hint of how you arrived. Good exposure on the building - a little more on the bike would have been a nice touch. I also feel like the bike really heavily weights that bottom right and the left side and top of the photo are left feeling empty.

doolittle_m: This photo is a little too low res for me to really get a sense of what we are seeing. Obviously it's a bike but I can't make out much scenery or that it's a night photograph.

Rad3766: A longer exposure for the background and some light on the bike could have created a great image here, but all we're really seeing is the lights.

XoZe: Great use of color and I really like the composition. My eyes are lead right up the curve of the tire to the lights of the bike, then held in by the light pole and brought back to the bike with the exhaust. Very nicely done and the starburst flare from the lights really adds to the image. I like the highway with blurred cars in the background too which gives a sense of purpose to the photo, like you're going somewhere.

and the winner is.... XoZe! Congrats on a very nice image.

Please nobody take offense to my comments they are purely observations to hopefully help us get better at a great hobby! If anyone has any questions or comments about the photos feel free to discuss!

NitroRoo -- I think your picture is best. I'd like to see the exact same shot with a shorter exposure and a larger aperture so that the clouds aren't in motion. I think the moving clouds might be distracting, so I'd like to compare. Maybe the moving clouds add atmosphere, not sure...

Ahh but then he might not have had time to flash from so many angles and flash each tree in the background.

Good work everyone.

Aw...mine was cheesy at best.
Definitely no offense taken here.
When I saw this (post), I was in my shorts and house slippers and the light was fading.
I said.....Need more people doing this! So I ran up to the top of the Valley and did a quick snap. It was foggy!!!!!!
This morning....****....what >>>>>>a second post I found with some very photogenic people.

So I'll ask the same question I did about bike nights.........Where are they and please update the main page!!!!!!
Fromwhere I live....SA-TX on Friday.....Cabelas on Saturdays........Maybe a place in San marcos on Sundays.

Not that I mind hanging out with Rat Rods..... actually, I own a 4X4 beast, or should I say 6X6 but this moto thing is cool and a great bunch of people to hang with.

So I'll ask the same question I did about bike nights.........Where are they and please update the main page!!!!!!
Fromwhere I live....SA-TX on Friday.....Cabelas on Saturdays........Maybe a place in San marcos on Sundays.

You can start by looking here:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

We have local area events, regular bike nights and TWT sponsored events. Like the Prego sauce commercial of years past - "It's in there...."

Back