• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Givi E450 topbox

bobcat

Reaction score
First Name
Claire
So I installed my new Givi E450 topbox. The way I've got it attached is questionable, but I will work on improving that later. My problem with it is the big red reflector on the back.

e450%20simply.jpg

There is an optional brakelight that can be installed which would light up the parallelogram under the Givi logo, but I'm not planning on installing it, since I've heard they don't work very well, aren't very bright, etc.

I'm concerned that a cager will fixate on this bogus brakelight, ignoring the real brakelight on the bike. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I'm thinking of slapping some of that 3M SOLAS reflective tape over that area, but I don't want it to look tacky. Whatcha think?

That's an interesting concern, hadn't thought about it.

'course, I've got taillight modulators that I believe grab the follower's attention, so I think I'm all right (but constantly check the mirrors anyway)...

bluedogok said:

Dang, that stuff isn't cheap. 2" (50 mm) x 10' $17.00 :shock:
But it is cheaper per foot than the SOLAS tape from Aerostich which is $6.00 for a 2" x 2' piece.... I really wouldn't need 10 feet of it either, anybody interested in splitting the cost?

Claire,

I have a roll of Identi-tape, probably not as reflective (gray), but I'll try to bring it tomorrow (Hico) and you can see if it will work for you.

I'll split the charcoal reflective with you Caire. I was thinking about getting that exact tape when I get my top box. I figure it would be the closest to matching the case during the day.

That SOLAS tape is awfully expensive, even at that place ($18.00 for a 2"x10' roll) but I have also heard that it's reflective properties are not great off of center, but (to use their description) dead-on it is like "THE EYES OF GOD" :eek:

You guys rock. Chuck that would be great if you could bring the gray tape. If I like it I may try to talk you out of a 1' section in exchange for a piece of pie! If not, bluedog and I can split costs on the charcoal tape. :chug:

I have the tape and scissors in my tank bag. The tape is paper-backed so it can be cut and stored without having to use it right away.

Oh, it looks like we will have several 'Stroms coming - we need to park them all together... :roll:

Texas T said:
Gilk51 said:
Oh, it looks like we will have several 'Stroms coming - we need to park them all together... :roll:
For protection from the other bikes? :lol:

No, cuz' they look like Milton:

milton.jpg

:mrgreen:

Isn't that what Squeaky named hers?

Back