• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trying to decide on new toy

Reaction score
3 weekends ago our friend Duff rode my husband's new 750 Vulcan 300 miles to deliver it to our place. (Thank you by the way Duff)

Now my DH has gotten the bigger bike in his blood, and I can't blame him one bit. We have been debating about selling our 2 50 cc' scooters to get me a larger scooter. Zipping around town was one thing, but now that we are 30 minutes from work 1 need something a little more powerful.

Currently I'm looking at one of the new honda SH150i, or a 2005 honda reflex sport w/ 1200 miles on it. Both are the same price.

I'm looking for something I can easily go over 45-55 mph. I'm not ready to take on a major 75+ mph high way. Max distance I MIGHT ride would be 30 miles from home. Do any of you have any recomendations?

I'd jump to a Burgman 400. The 150i is a neat scooter but for the money you can get a 08 400. Just thought I'd put it out there.

that SH150 looks like a ideal ride for just those conditions.
bigger wheels would make it reasonably stable at speed.
probably tops out around 70mph so it it would likely not take you long to outgrow it.

I've looked at a 3 yrs old Burgman 650 scooter but there is a big price difference.

I've had the honda metro for 2 years , and loved it around town but just want something I don't have to worry about getting squished if I poke my nose out on a street that traffic flows faster than 40 mph.

The way I see it by the time I out grown this one. My DH will out grow his 750. I get his 750 , and he gets a 1200. A girl can hope. :)

Piaggio BV250 or BV500. They are still fun in town and you can do long trips later when you feel comfortable. My wife traded in her motorcycle on the BV500 and she has 10,000 miles on it and several long trips.

picture.php

Me demonstrating the Parade wave...

picture.php

If memory serves, the Reflex is a 250, I would go with that. It will last you longer than the 150.

My wife went from a Metropolitan to a 150 and then a 500, so it's going to happen!

One more piece of advice... Whatever scooter or bike you buy, get the luggage thrown in. Even if you don't think you'll need it. Later it's hard to get luggage in the right color for Aprillia/Piaggio/vespa...etc. Plus if you roll it up in initial purchase price it's easier money wise. I made this mistake with the the last couple of bikes.

Really look at a Burgman. Ask Soozy here on the boards or find her 3 month trip report+pictures.

My wife loves her Burgman 400. Picked it up used for $3200.

My Reflex runs 70mph pretty easily and I weigh 300#. My friend has a 400 Burgman, and if I had it to do over, that is what I'd get.

The T-Max is something to consider. You might be able to out run your husbands bike with no trouble. :rider:

Back