• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

taking one for the team

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
I was on my way up to my buddy's wedding (unfortunately in the cage) and am behind a car in the right lane on 35W north bound and there is a rider on a Honda shadow in the middle lane.
I am just cruising along and notice a newish Ford pickup coming up very fast in the middle lane and he is not slowing or showing a turnsignal, my spidey alarm goes off big time as I am just to the right and aft of the shadow and I know he is about to get run over big time. last second I jump over to the middle lane behind the bike and freak in the truck has to take evasive to miss me and blows by on the left at a good 90mph. I just know if I hadn't he would have run right over the guy on the shadow.
we got to watch out for each other out there.

I just wish he would have hit me, I need a new car!!

Good move. I got a lesson on how hard bikes are to see tonight on the way home on I35 south of Austin. I was on the wing doing about 70 in the center lane approaching a line of cars going slower. I got pretty close before I realized there was a bike behind the cars. His tail light blended in with the last cars left tail light and I didn't see him until I was close.

I am there with you, brother. I usually put my cage behind the bikes, we need it. I have also instructed my wife on the fine art of running interference, I told her that (I am sure) she would appreciate someone doing the same for her husband......

I was in the cage returning from a day in Kemah with the family. It was dark and a light rain, traffic was heavy, some of the bikes coming from the Galveston bike rally were taking the inside shoulder to go around traffic. Well this suv didn't like it and was swerving towards the bikes as they came by. I got next to him in my suv, I layed on the horn and showed him my phone and shook my head in disapproval. He backed off.

mad props to you and your spidey-sence :clap:

You probably save a life. Shame on the knuckle-head driving the truck.

I was headed west from Kilgore to Terrell on I-20 one weekend and running 75 or so. Along about Van, a sedan fell in behind me. At first I thought he was using me as a rabbit. I weventually figured out he was running interference. As I would approach a slower car, the guy behind me would move over as if to "reserve' the passing lane.. He followed me all the way to my exit. When I got off I-20, I waved and he flashed his lights at me.
It was pretty cool.

Good on ya. :clap:

I'm usually on 2 wheels but make it a point to stick close to other bikes (last night on I-45 in fact). Greater visibility for both of us is a win, especially with giant silver panniers with reflective tape.

I was headed west from Kilgore to Terrell on I-20 one weekend and running 75 or so. Along about Van, a sedan fell in behind me. At first I thought he was using me as a rabbit. I weventually figured out he was running interference. As I would approach a slower car, the guy behind me would move over as if to "reserve' the passing lane.. He followed me all the way to my exit. When I got off I-20, I waved and he flashed his lights at me.
It was pretty cool.
That is cool!

So lets come up with a sign or logo or horn tune or license plate thingy like a mason or schriner sort of thing for our cage that lets bikes know we are a fellow biker and will run interference for them or at least let then know we are a fellow biker and respect there right to share the road. Mayby like a reflective version of the LookLearnLive logo.
http://www.looklearnlive.org/
Ideas?

I picked up a (free) copy of that reflective logo at a local motorcycle repair shop a month or so ago. Haven't got around to putting it on anything, but I have it.

its approx 3in wide, and 2in high. blue on white reflective.
Photo_09-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back