• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

labor needed

cwadej

Reaction score
What's more fun than wrenching your own bike? Maybe wrenching someone else's. Installing all the new gadgets and gizmos he get's while overseas so his bike is ready to ride when he gets home? I think so.

I'm getting some new pannier mounts, engine guards, skidplate, and of course replacing the handguards. All I need is a volunteer to go do the labor for me. Not for free of course. I could sponsor a tech day or something. maybe? yeah, bring all your bikes to me here and we'll work on them together.

hmm. looks like i"ve been up too long. not making much sense.

anyway, any takers?

hmm. looks like i"ve been up too long. not making much sense.

Oh, I agree with that one! ;-)

anyway, any takers?

I think we can get a volunteer detachment together. I'm out-of-action for a couple of more weeks but can get to it after that.

Where are the parts being sent? Same place as the where the bike is stored? (I think it's still there :eek2: )

Last edited:
woo hoo tech day!!! I got three sizes of hammers and a sawzall I can fix anything!!! sign me up!

I thought I sent a PM yesterday but just found it open on my computer. I guess I didn't hit send. I'd be glad to help. I offered to bring it down here where I could take my time with it in the shop. If the collective wanted to do it elsewhere, I'll try to be free and help with it.

Uh, Leon. Don't you go gettin' all excited about a tech day 'cause I've had two here and haven't seen you at either of them!

Mike

Sounds fun. Count me in, and let me know when and where.

Let me know when and where as well. I'd volunteer my garage, but if we do that, it will have to wait for a while as it is too full to host a tech day right now.

I think moving (riding) it down to Rendon for the work is a good idea. Plus, riding it back will make sure everything still works! :eek2:

wow! I've slept a bit now, and can't believe anyone would do this. o we really like playing with our, and other peoples' bikes that much, or is it just me? It's gotta be me :)

Bill, I'm not sure I was thinking when I wrote that. Up for about 3 days at that point.

OK, firstly we'll need a place to do it. seems we have a volunteer. seconly, where should I send all the stuff? there? where the bike is? that'll be disscussed too.

I really appreciate the willingness to help me out here, as if many of you havent done enough already.

look for further updates after i get iththe bikes current guardian.

thanks again

I can ride it down to Rendon for the work if that is where we decide to have the tech day at. Now that fireworks are over for the season, it should free up some weekend time for us.

I sent Chris a PM with the address and let him know he could have the stuff sent here if he desired. Bbrew is usually here even if I'm not. I guess we just give him time to decide now.

Mike

I'll send him a PM with my address, too. Susan is usually home to receive packages (my son has stuff coming all the time :roll: ).

Then I can lug it all down south when we decide when to do it.

i could have done some pm's, but as my internet is tempermental, i'll go the quick route.

Bill, If you can arrange the time to get the bike to Mike's it'd be great.

Mike, most of the parts are being shipped to me, at your adress.

Chuck, I sent you a pm concerning the pannier racks at my dad's. he should have all you need.

hmmmm.

again, i'm really touched, as is Amanda, that you are all so willing to help out.

wil this be a first? working on a bike with the owner nowhere near it?
i look forward to seeing pictures of work in progress.

no rush of course, we arent due home until April or May.

many thanks to all.

Nah... we fixed up Rachel's Ninja and she had no clue it was being done.:lol2:

Yeah, she showed up ready to work on it & it was ready to ride! :rider:

---

I figure we have plenty of time, so maybe let Mike (mbrew) figure out when is best for them.

Hey Bill and/or Chris, does the 1000 already have a Stebel installed?

wil this be a first? working on a bike with the owner nowhere near it?

I've got another one in the shop now that I'm tinkering with. You'll probably get the record for distance though! Honestly, I had to think twice about doing this for a jarhead, but seeing as how I'm slacking while you're in that garden spot, I'll make allowances :mrgreen:

I'll start looking for the parts to arrive and Bill can come down whenever he wants. We can get together on a Sat or something to mess with it. We might even find a hamburger that needs cooking. I can piddle with anything that doesn't get done as I get a chance. Its not like I've been overworked lately!

Chris, keep your head in the game and we'll handle the details.
Mike

Hummmmm I believe Rendon Texas was mentioned somewhere in there?

If so I’m a fair hand with the wrench and would like to help.
Also if theres too many Wrenches in the Fire I can start a fire of my own and cook up hamburgers to aid in the cause. :eat: (Assuming a grill is available.)

Ride safe, Keep sharp.
Tj

Let me know the date and if I am free I will be happy to lend my skills to document this momentous occasion.

Time to finally get some work done!

I had to go back and look at Chris' list of stuff to be done.

I think that we also ought to paint the 'Strom. I found this cool paint scheme from another TWTer on Facebook:

23531_791181992948_16741393_44099676_3983693_n.jpg

We'll see what we can get done this morning ... :trust:

Wow, that's nice! It'd work great at a Barbie convention :)

Seriously though, I cant thank you enough for doing this. It really means alot to Amanda and I.

It looks like I'll be leaving here on the 7th of next month. A week or so in transit, then We're home!!

Back