• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help! 90 mm Adhesive Disk for GPS Mount needed

Reaction score
I am about to pull whats left of my hair out trying to find one of the self adhesive flat plastic plates you put on your dash to attach a suction mount GPS to. I've been to Radio Shack, Fry's, Best Buy, Walmart, etc, etc, and no one has one.

I can buy one on line for $2.00 but there is from $2.95 to over $30.00 shipping for it. I'm into immediate gratification so I want to buy one locally if possible. I can't believe that as large of an area as Dallas is there is not one here.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, please do.

PM me your address and I'll put one in the mail. I'm 90% sure I have at least one sitting around that I will never use.

Sorry, just saw the comment about it being a Magellan. Tell me the size you are looking for and I'll see if my garmin one would fit.

Autozone. Look for 3M Emblem Repair Tape, it should have a red backing. It is exactly what you are looking for. It won't be a perfect circle, but two wide strips on the back will work just fine. It will be like 10 bucks, but you can use it to attach all kinds of fun farkles to your bike!

Autozone. Look for 3M Emblem Repair Tape, it should have a red backing. It is exactly what you are looking for. It won't be a perfect circle, but two wide strips on the back will work just fine. It will be like 10 bucks, but you can use it to attach all kinds of fun farkles to your bike!

Two wide strips won't work because the crack will allow air in and release the vacuum.

I use the type of adhesive tape used to hold house numbers onto masonry. About $4.00 for a small roll. Then just add a "plate" of either PVC or Aluminum stock from Home Depot/Lowe's. I used a round electrical "block off" plate of some kind I found in the "lighting" section where the switches and outlets are located. Make sure the plate is smooth, as most of what I found was slightly rough. I had to dig through the box.

One step better is the 3M duo lock....these are sold , for example, to keep the Laminar Lip attached to the windshield. The disc locks are sold apart from the Laminar Lip also. It creates a very strong bond but they can be gently pulled apart numerous times without impacting the adhesion strength. The duo-locks are like a very hard plastic version of velcro...

Another good source for duo-locks is HERE.

Now we all know the history of velcro right...it was not invented by NASA for astronauts contrary to popular opinion. In the late 1940's there was a dude hunting in Switzerland. The hunter also happened to be a Swiss engineer...he discovered tiny hooks on the cockleburs that were stuck on his pants and in his dog's fur. Under the scrutiny of the microscope, he observed the hooks engaging the loops in the fabric of his pants....the rest if history. In 1979 the Patent expired and there was plethora of devices like it.

Now you know...the rest of the story.

Good day...

RB

I can't believe it's so hard to find a stupid adhesive disk in a city as large as Dallas. I appreciate all the info, but all I want is a 90 mm adhesive plastic disk.

Back