• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Three Sisters camping advice

Reaction score
First Name
Royce
Last Name
Brown
I am heading down to ride The Three Sisters tomorrow. I was thinking of camping 2 nights at one of the state parks in the area. Lost Maples, Garner, or maybe South Llano. Anybody have an opinion? I have never camped at any of the 3. Thanks.

You might add Kerrville Schreiner Park on the Guadalupe River to Your list.

16 south from Kerrville is an excellent ride, and is a great lead-in to the Sisters.

Haven't camped at the other two, but I prefer this park to South Llano.

If you stay here, ask for the quite camping away from the river.

You can also try the "Koyote Ranch" on 16 ... they looked to be a very nice place as we took a quick tour through there last week ....
And Again I loved the D'rose Inn in Leakey ...

Garner would be my choice.

+1

Garner is nice this time of year- not too crowded. The screened shelters are pretty reasonable too. (Keeps us from having to carry a tent.) Lost Maples is usually booked pretty far in advance.

Thanks. I was thinking Garner, too. I think I'll check it first.

Garner would be my choice.

+1

I have camped at Garner several times when staying in the area. Well maintained with nice river for taking a dip. On weekends they have dancing at the pavilion (mostly teenagers). Park store, nice sites, etc.

There are several private sites that offer camping in the area but a state or city owned park is always my choice. Private sites are not always controlled and can get a bit wild.

Cooksey Park

Cooksey Park just south of Camp Wood is a nice, quiet place by the Nueces. Right off 55

Back