• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A New World Speed Record - 367.382 mph

Reaction score
A team in the Bonneville Salt Flats have set a new motorcycle land speed record of 367.382 mph in a "motorcycle" called the BUB Racing Streamliner Seven.
Full story here...
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/499/4676/Motorcycle-Article/BUB-Racings-Chris-Carr-Breaks-Speed-Record.aspx

IMG_9389.jpg

Said the rider, "Hey, didn't I have saddlebags before I started?" :eek2: :rofl: (just kidding)

Impressive, but that's not a motorcycle as far as I'm concerned. 2 tandem wheels does not make a motorbike.

Marie's heavy bus, now that is a fast motorbike.

There is a big distinction between sit ON and sit IN also streamlined/partially streamlined/ and stock aero's. For a sit on bike my friend Leslie just knocked the ball out of the park!
On the meet's final day, Porterfield made a one-way pass at an average speed of 240.382 mph, shattering the Altered Partially Streamlined Blown Fuel 1350cc world record by 13 mph. Her return pass of 228.470 mph gave her an average speed of 234.275 mph. :clap:
These bikes are getting faster and faster every meet. In the old days the mark to try for was "The Ton". I came up looking to 200MPH. Now it's all eyes on 250MPH for sit ON
and the sit IN guys are looking at 370's or 380's:eek2:
Stay safe everyone! As for me and the HeavyBus, I guess the word is allreday out I am currently installing Nitrous, 200MPH is no longer a goal, it's just a step on the way now.

Marie
HeavyBusRacing

A team in the Bonneville Salt Flats have set a new motorcycle land speed record of 367.382 mph in a "motorcycle" called the BUB Racing Streamliner Seven.
Full story here...
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/499/4676/Motorcycle-Article/BUB-Racings-Chris-Carr-Breaks-Speed-Record.aspx

Said the rider, "Hey, didn't I have saddlebags before I started?" :eek2: :rofl: (just kidding)

Chris is a great spokesman for Flattrack. He is very involved with American Supercamp and teaching upcoming riders to ride more controled. It is not uncommon for Chris to walk up to an amatuer and say "If you will do this or that" you will get this result. The look on their face is priceless. That "WOW I am shocked you even watched me" look.

Chris is a great spokesman for Flattrack. He is very involved with American Supercamp and teaching upcoming riders to ride more controled. It is not uncommon for Chris to walk up to an amatuer and say "If you will do this or that" you will get this result. The look on their face is priceless. That "WOW I am shocked you even watched me" look.

+1 Chris is a true sportsman.

I saw the reports that they were going 370+ in the exit. The next few years should be great for LSR.

My wife was working a trade show for her company (manufacturing design software) and the BUB team was next to them showing off the "bike". She basically sat around shooting the breeze with Denis "Bub" Manning all day. They had just done wind tunnel testing on the new design and he was all hyped about how it had the lowest drag coefficient ever measured - the thing is basically a bullet with 2 wheels. He offered to have her picture taken in it but she said it wasn't exactly built for comfort in there so she passed.

I didn't get to go but I got a signed poster so that's cool.

Think those are H or V rated tires...? :eek2:

Back