PDA

View Full Version : Honda Fury

bigcomfy
10-02-2009, 04:00 PM
S0.... I just went for a 30 minute cruise on a 2010 Honda Fury and man I was surprised by it. First off, this is Honda's 1st attempt at a chopper and they have done a pretty **** good job in my opinion.

Let's start with the engine it's a 1300cc fuel injected and liquid cooled v-twin another first for Honda(only 1800's were fuel injected until now). The FI is on point with no jerkiness when going on and off the throttle it as some off the other FI cruiser motors out there. Is fast? NO but it's plenty for what it is designed to do which is cruise and that it does effortlessly. Roll on's in top gear from 60 to 80(ish ) were no problem. In the lower gears it gets up an goes for a cruiser. It has more gut than the Soft Tail Deluxe I've been riding. At 80 you still have plenty of grunt to move and the ride is smooth.....of course it is a Honda after all.

The transmission shifts smooth although there is that cruiser clunk from 1st to 2nd but nothing bad just enough to remind you that you are indeed on a chopper.

Handling is awesome. Much much nicer than a real chopper and goes it without saying that you'll smoke the custom choppers through the turns. the ride is stiffer than a the VTX line as the it's a more raked than they are. Also, seems lighter. I took a slow corner that had some imperfection wiout too much of an issue but it did give me a bit of negative feed back.

Cruising down the road It def needs some pipes as your can't hear it at which is a shame when riding this style of motorcycle. The looks I got were all positive and even got a couple of thumbs up from motorists. The lady at the toll both asked "That's a pretty bike! what is it?" I quickly replied "it's a Honda!" she refrained from opening the gate and again asked "no really. What is it?"

Would I get one? Yeah...I think I would but first I'd need to have my B-king in the garage.

Martin

drroccostein
10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I thought it said Honda Furby!

LOL

The warm a cuddly chopper.

bigcomfy
10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
tis all warm and fuzzy indeed...
:doh:

leftybandit
10-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm neither a Honda nor a metric hater, but . . . . . . . I'll pass on the Fury, thank you very much. I wouldn't ride a chopper anyway, let alone a plastic one. Let's see if all those chopper bashers suddenly change their tune because Honda introduced a plastic one or if traditional chopper riders come looking (don't hold your breath). It's an oxymoron of a bike that will go nowhere.

Leftybandit

SoCalBandit
03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Top speed of ONLY 100Mph (not kidding) Honda should be ashamed! :rofl:

bigcomfy
03-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Top speed of ONLY 100Mph (not kidding) Honda should be ashamed! :rofl:

The Furry was lying to me then!!!:trust:

DaveC
03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Like the bike, this thread should be dead.:mrgreen:

got some left overs laying around the showrooms.
Speaking of leftovers, I swung by Ducati Austin, the Red Norge from 2007 is still on the floor. I only lack money.:sigh:

Challen
03-03-2010, 08:01 AM
I think it's a pretty bike until you start comparing it to the Yamaha Raider, then it's no contest. Raider has a lot more finishing touches to it and a helluva bigger engine. I rode the Fury and liked it, but just doesn't have the grunt of the Raider.

The only thing I liked better on the Fury was that it has a little more rake.

I think Honda made a huge mistake not going with the 1800 engine on this bike, but that's just my .02.

bigcomfy
03-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I think Honda made a huge mistake not going with the 1800 engine on this bike, but that's just my .02.

+1

However, this is typical Honda for you. They are way to conservative in their thinking. Always wanting to test the market blah blah blah....

Hopefully the VFR1200 will be a different story, as well as the upcoming cbr1000 (they need to add some spunk to that motor and leave the chassis alone).

Multisurface Rider
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I got off my VTX1800R and test rode the Fury. Wow what a nice bike, runs good, rides good and feels good. Big difference in the 1800 and 1300 engine, I too think it should be a 1800. Very nice bike and I like it anyway.

If you think about it and put aside all your prejudices of the Japanese motorcycles, the other choppers can only dream of being as good of a bike as the Fury. IMO,

jsb223
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
It looks cool...

I'd like to ride one...

no road trips but this is a Saturday night bike

My only problem with it is why it took Honda so long to build it.

This should have been available in '99...

Morgan Buchanan
04-09-2010, 06:05 AM
I just don't get it.... LOL

http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/06/28/cat_furry.jpg

gandygoose
06-25-2010, 10:10 PM
from mighty to mini--HONDA has it all:trust:

The Big Spank Daddy
06-26-2010, 07:04 AM
I was at Shawnee Honda a couple weeks ago and they have a ton of them. I admit I'm not much of a chopper guy, but they had a wide variety of them and I was impressed.

I'm not sure if they were all stock or not, but they were not all just a bunch of cookie cutter clones. They had some with some nice custom seats, paint and extra trim parts. I could not resist and had to sit on one. It had a very comfortable and light feel to it.

Would I own one? Not likely, it just does not fit my type of riding. However, I can certainly see how someone who wants to impress the ladies and do some Saturday night bar hopping would.

Rangerscott
07-03-2010, 04:06 PM
If they went with an 1800, you'd be stopping at every gas station you pass with the 3.4 gal tank.

TWTim
07-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Big difference in the 1800 and 1300 engine, I too think it should be a 1800. Very nice bike and I like it anyway.

I read an article online (which I now cannot find) where one of the guys from Honda was explaining the reasons for using the 1300 and not the 1800. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember him mentioning that the chassis design and geometry of the bike would garner no practical benefit from the bigger engine. I suppose you wouldn't wanna go much faster than 100 on a Fury anyhow.

If you think about it and put aside all your prejudices of the Japanese motorcycles, the other choppers can only dream of being as good of a bike as the Fury.

That's probably true. Honda hasn't had that many stinkers in its model line throughout its history. Once they make up their minds to do something, they generally do it as good as can be done.