• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I found my buzzing noise

Reaction score
It has been driving me crazy for almost as long as Ive owned this bike a buzzing rattle like the fairing is loose or a bracket is vibrating at certain rpm. Today while cleaning I was wiping down the radiator end caps and I heard a little clunk like something was loose so I started to tap the radiator with the palm of my hand and I heard it again only louder, so I figured that a mounting bracket must be loose. Everything was tight but the noise continued, finally I noticed that the fan has a little curved cover over the back that just snaps into place and thats whats buzzing. I removed it and the noise stopped YEA! I guess its their to create more suction for the fan while the fan is running but Ive had many watercooled bikes over the years and none have had a cover over the back so I bet it will be OK.

no I just removed the two top and the one bottom mount bolts and pulled it down just a little to unsnap the plastic cover and pull it out through the bottom, went for a 250 mile ride today with no problems and the fan not kicking on once and best of all no buzzing at any rpm.

Mine has the same buzz. I thought it was the fairing. Thanks for the info.

Back