• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RZ350 Rider in Houston

Reaction score
I saw a guy on a yellow and black RZ350 runing down Eldridge Parkway on Saturday 10-3-09. Couldn't catch up to you in my car. I haven't seen anyone in the Houston area with an RZ.
Who are you?

I saw a guy on a yellow and black RZ350 runing down Eldridge Parkway on Saturday 10-3-09. Couldn't catch up to you in my car. I haven't seen anyone in the Houston area with an RZ.
Who are you?

Who are you?

lots of folks in Houston have them My son has my old one and rides if very rarely Robin Reeves has lots of them and rides them even more rarely. I have heard many others say they have them and ride rarely.

this is a rare post.

Reading this brought back some good memories. My first street bike was a 1975 RD400. What a wheelie monster. Had to sell it in 1978 when I moved west for school.

_

I wish I had all 3 of my RZ's back...

This post does bring back good memories....

:)

He's an auto dealer and an avid motorcyclist. He bought the bike from an executive working at Yamaha Corporate in Cali.. The bike is MINT!! 98% original because it has aftermarket pipes, I believe toomey. I offered to buy it from him, obvious answer to that one:doh:. Good guy though. :mrgreen:

:sun:I need one, that's for sure. I have often considered buying a Banshee and moving the engine into an RD350! I am sure the radiator with fit somewhere. :rider: I still have 1 1/2 1975 RD 350 components. I remember the first RD 400's, SWEET!!! I really love 2 strokes.
Back in the late 70's, it was so much fun to out run the 750's past 100 mph. When we stopped they were in a state of shock. That little bike spanked them to that speed and they were afraid to push it much past that. RH

lots of folks in Houston have them My son has my old one and rides if very rarely Robin Reeves has lots of them and rides them even more rarely. I have heard many others say they have them and ride rarely.

this is a rare post.

Ya, Robin has a storage unit full of stuff I hear he never rides. Maybe an interested party could pick one up off him?

Wayne on the forum (in the photo) owns this one, after a ride one Saturday he let me take it for a spin....cooooolllllllll stuff!!
DSCN8405.jpg

How do you post pics on this site? The computer wants a "URL" when I try to upload a pic. What's that?

Click GO ADVANCED than MANAGE FILES or host your photo off site and post the IMG code.

Thanks for the help TLRam1
Sorry..............I had a brain fart. I've done this before. Must be too much bean oil over the years! :eek2:

This is my RZ.

Attachments

• RZ 350.jpg
    RZ 350.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 176
Needs correct paint but these don't come up for sale that often.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/1406985941.html

In case Craig's List ad is removed

RARE VERY FAST RZ350 - $2792 (DESOTO)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Date: 2009-10-05, 8:54AM CDT
Reply to: sale-vqvfv-1406985941@craigslist.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1985 Yamaha RZ350 Water cooled two strke twin...328 lbs and 58 hp as set-up...16k miles, new sticky Avon rubber, aftermarket reeds, kitted oversized carbs, k&n intake, Toomy P ipes, Stainless brake lines, MAJOR SUSPENSION UPGRADES, and more. YOU COULDN'T Build one for this in the parts alone..I'm over my quota in toys..Buy her quick, she won't be with me long. call as in ,,call M ICHAEL AT 214-803-4042 HURRY

3k73md3ld5O95T75S89a584c78c46a0cd19.jpg

_

Those people selling these in the Craiglist ads are wishful thinking.

Ya, Robin has a storage unit full of stuff I hear he never rides. Maybe an interested party could pick one up off him?

actually Robin rides quite a bit mostly at the race track. He rarely rides his collection but just talks about them. I know Jim and he have put some of them on Chris's dyno and played with them there.

My first NEW dealer bought bike was an RZ350, sold it when I joined the Army in 1985....stupid, stupid stupid, I've since owned RD350's RD 400's, a few TZ250's, and a few franken bikes with parts from all three in the same motor frame... And while I'd love another V45 Intercepter like the one I bought when they first came out, I'd reallllllly love to own a RZ350.. Not sure I could part with my VTR1000F,,,, But maybe the DRZ SM......or my left arm......

Thanks for posting these great bikes,,,, now I drooled all over my key board

I ahve several old two stroke street bikes, as well as a Kaw Concours, and my 84 RZ is the most fun bike to ride that I own. It is incredibly light, handles really well, no it ain't a GSXR, but handles really well for what it is. Probably about the quickest 350production bike ever built. Not really expensive to buy, easy to work on, and parts are readily available, most still available from Yamaha.

Wayne

I ahve several old two stroke street bikes, as well as a Kaw Concours, and my 84 RZ is the most fun bike to ride that I own. It is incredibly light, handles really well, no it ain't a GSXR, but handles really well for what it is. Probably about the quickest 350production bike ever built. Not really expensive to buy, easy to work on, and parts are readily available, most still available from Yamaha.

Wayne

they are quick but there are quicker 250s I don't know about 350s.

I love my rz as you said most fun bike I have ever owned.

edit but it scars the crap out of me:giveup::yawn::lol2:

A guy I met a while back has an NSR 250, and it will run WITH an RZ, but is not any faster. He and one of his friends on a well tuned RZ did a side by side from about 45 MPH up to about 115 MPH, and they ran side by side. I guess you can call an NSR or the Aprilia RS250 production bikes, but you won't see many (any?) of them on the street in the U.S. and if you do, the plates have been bootlegged somehow. They are really quick, and with 25 years worth of chassis improvements, they are probably awesome handling bikes.
The guy I met had his up for sale for $8500, I expect he still has it if he hasn't lowered the price. It was plated in Texas, but he had, lets just say, and "inside" track with the Texas DOT.

Wayne

A guy I met a while back has an NSR 250, and it will run WITH an RZ, but is not any faster. He and one of his friends on a well tuned RZ did a side by side from about 45 MPH up to about 115 MPH, and they ran side by side. I guess you can call an NSR or the Aprilia RS250 production bikes, but you won't see many (any?) of them on the street in the U.S. and if you do, the plates have been bootlegged somehow. They are really quick, and with 25 years worth of chassis improvements, they are probably awesome handling bikes.
The guy I met had his up for sale for $8500, I expect he still has it if he hasn't lowered the price. It was plated in Texas, but he had, lets just say, and "inside" track with the Texas DOT.

Wayne

yes I was thinking of the Aprilia RS250 or the Suzy that used the same motor. I know on the track they have a much higher top speed.

They also seem to make the power in a much tamer way so they aren't quite the same kind of fun.

Back