• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2010 Kawasaki Concours 14

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Read all about it: http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Product-Specifications.aspx?scid=25&id=434

Kawasaki has impressed me. I would say they addressed about 90% of the current model's flaws in their latest creation. Heated grips, ambient temperature display, raised mirrors, locking glove box, claimed heat control (time and test will only tell on this one), taller stock windscreen, KIPASS changes, fuel economy assistance mode, and lockable storage on left inner fairing pannel, just to name a few. :shock: :clap:

And the crazy part is, it didn't take 20 years like the last one. :mrgreen:

Oh, and the new Z1000 looks tasty as well. :eat:

the z1000 does look cool, even if they did use the head light assembly from the KLR :lol2:

Those rotten sons of... :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

I just got mine and..... They fixed the only complaints I had about this bike. :suicide:

They still haven't fixed the only complaint I had about it.

:duck:

The lack of a flux capacitor? :lol2:

0414_fluxsign_300.jpg

I'd ride that. I'd need a little more protective gear though.

I feel that way about Honda. Those guys owe me hours of work to get around bad engineering.

If it takes 10 minutes on a Yamaha it will take 3 hours on a Honda. :angryfire

Wow, I'm impressed, 2 years and they are changing things around. My '04 Honda ST is the same as the '09 except color. At least Kawi is steadily trying to make it better. Wish I had those improvements on my '08.

Suzuki leaves me with a "you get what you pay for" attitude.

I love my hondas. I only wish they weren't engineered to go together exactly one way.

WOW! Very nice. I have always been a kawasaki guy, since my first H3 500 in 1974. But, is it me or does the new Concours look a lot like an FJR? Nothing wrong with that.

Concours
ScaledImage.gif

FJR
black yamaha fjr 1300.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Very nice. I have always been a kawasaki guy, since my first H3 500 in 1974. But, is it me or does the new Concours look a lot like an FJR? Nothing wrong with that.

Concours
ScaledImage.gif

FJR
black yamaha fjr 1300.jpg

It looks shorter and taller to me. The tail end sits up more and the luggage is carried higher. I just haven't bonded with that cheese grater look either. It also has a wider rear end than a Goldwing. :eek2:

These are the things that lead me to choose the FJR over the C-14.

Wow, I'm impressed, 2 years and they are changing things around. My '04 Honda ST is the same as the '09 except color. At least Kawi is steadily trying to make it better. Wish I had those improvements on my '08.

That's exactly why I posted this. I'm glad someone noticed. :thumb:

The FJR has become like the ST to me, a :yawn:. Sure, they have updated things here and there and put some flush mounted turn signals on it, but IMO it needs a refreshed/revised look. Kawi seems to be taking the Sport-Touring market seriously.

And yes, when I first saw the Z1000, the video popped up and I though they had their wires crossed on the website. They put the KLR video on the Z1000 page! Oh wait, that is the Z1K. :lol2:

They have made many great improvements. I like the fact that Kawa is very responsive to their customers. The Honda ST1300 has been in need of some important modifications and it seems really to be unchanged from it's inception except power windshield and some minor issues. Honda claimed to recall the first year model in Europe due to the weave after some police died from high-speed instability but I don't think Honda really made any design changes.

On the new C-14, I like that it has the ability to load a leaner fuel map to increase gas mileage by a supposed 25%. I know the new R1 has I believe three power modes, so being able to tone-down the engine for cruising versus sport riding is very appealing. I have a Power Commander on one of my bikes and love the ability to load various maps for different type of riding. Some people that have put the Power Commander on the FJR have noticed great results.

The mode-select button on the front of the left grip lets the rider change LCD modes without taking his/her hand off the grip, toggling through average fuel consumption, instant fuel consumption, remaining range, tire pressure, battery voltage and outside temperature - neat feature.

It's all good. Let's see how the long-term user base unfolds - if it has the same reliability as the FJR and ST1300.

RB

I still like the looks of the previous C-14's better, but Kawi has made some nice updates. I am hopeful that Honda and Yamaha will take noticed, as I'd like to see the Sport tourers being updated nearly as often as the Sport bikes. A helmet H.U.D. has even been mentioned as something that might be developed for the Concours. Makes me think these guys will pour on the technology to justify the $15K.

Preferences ...
One quick look at a Conc. side by side with an FJR led me to choose the FJR.
I recongnize both are nice but to me, the FJR looks better and at my skill level, there is probably not much I can differenciate as a rider... (IMHO)

Back