• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$98.00 FirstGear Kilimanjaro 5.0 Jacket at Bike Bandit

Now the lowest price is $108.61. Still not bad.

Looks like only the XL purple is the only one left for 108.

The Wine color and the purple are still available.............I should receive the Wine color this weekend.....will let you know if it "Glows" in the dark or if it's a nice looking jacket.......Either way for 98.00 I can't go wrong

I beg to disagree. Ugly gear is ugly gear no matter how cheap it is. And I should know.

I beg to disagree. Ugly gear is ugly gear no matter how cheap it is. And I should know.

I'm glad you posted this as it changed my mind. I was almost ready to spend $108 for a jacket I wasn't completely happy with. Not my colors at all, was buying soley for price and then would have suffered the color for life.

Got very lucky today and picked up a steal off Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390104131150&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F__%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m39.l1313%26_nkw%3D390104131150%26_sacat%3D%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
Needs a little seamstress attention but basically brand new for only $45. Sometimes it pays to wait. I not only got the exact jacket and color I wanted but saved $60 in the process from the other deal I thought couldn't be beat.

_

Ugly gear should be worn on ugly bikes so that it blends in well. V-Stroms fit this category real well. I always rode my ugliest gear on my Wee. Even though the Wee was the ugly duckling, it was by far one of the best and most fun bikes I have owned. My Tiger is not far behind the Wee in ugly and fun. When you wear ugly gear, you don't have to look at it, only the other people and who cares what they think about your gear as long as it does the job. Just my 2 cents.

Steve
08 FJR
07 Tiger
07 Bandit

Not my colors at all, was buying soley for price and then would have suffered the color for life.

_
Anyone can wear a "Black" Jacket.........But you have to be secure in your Motorcycle Manhood to wear "Purple n Grey"....What was the R&D dept thinking when they came up with this color scheme..........Now the Burgundy/Wine color isn't too bad......The Fed-X van arrives tomorrow.......We shall see if this killer deal was worth it..........Report to follow.
........Doc

Fed-X arrived at 5:45....Just so happens I'm leaving for 5 days in Arkansas tomorrow AM........Timing couldn't have been better.
Well,.... did I need sun-glasses when I opened the box?........Not at all....the Burgundy is a deep, dark color as is the grey. They go together pretty well. Tried it on, XL, fits well. Heavy duty, well made 3/4 jacket. Plenty of adjustment and pockets............Very pleased
Before some of the wise-***** on here say it, I'm going to beat you to the punch........."Well Doc, we figured that Wine color would suit you well...A little Wine with your Pumpkin (GoldWing)"...........No, I'm not color blind.....:sun:
Conclusion:....Very good deal for $98 or $108.
And besides, it goes well with my "Chrome Accessory"

So just to be sure - this is a (claimed) waterproof jacket for the cool/cold temps and comes with a fleece liner? I'm starting to think that while my Olympia Airglide is ok in the winter with the liner, it's just not ideal. A "winter" jacket would last me a good couple of years with the limited use it would see down here.

Cuz I could get away with purple or maroon. Ah, the benefits of being a biker chick. ;-)

Nice ladies jacket for $85 . . .
Limited time offer.

Voni

Nice find, but it won't fit me. I have trouble with the waist-length or standard hip-length ladies jackets. I just go for 3/4 jackets to make up for long torso issues. ;-)

Fed-X arrived at 5:45....Just so happens I'm leaving for 5 days in Arkansas tomorrow AM........Timing couldn't have been better.
Well,.... did I need sun-glasses when I opened the box?........Not at all....the Burgundy is a deep, dark color as is the grey. They go together pretty well. Tried it on, XL, fits well. Heavy duty, well made 3/4 jacket. Plenty of adjustment and pockets............Very pleased
Before some of the wise-***** on here say it, I'm going to beat you to the punch........."Well Doc, we figured that Wine color would suit you well...A little Wine with your Pumpkin (GoldWing)"...........No, I'm not color blind.....:sun:
Conclusion:....Very good deal for $98 or $108.

And besides, it goes well with my "Chrome Accessory"

I'm thinking of picking this jacket up too. For this price, it's a steal. Would you mind posting a pic of it? All i can find online are the company shots.:popcorn:

I'm thinking of picking this jacket up too. For this price, it's a steal. Would you mind posting a pic of it? All i can find online are the company shots.:popcorn:

What do you ride? Motorcycle superstore has honda jackets that look a lot like this one, in different colors for less than $100.

Honda Jacke

I went for the Kili in maroon. Expecting it in a few days (they ship it separate from the rest of my order) so I'll be sure to post up a review once it's here.

Even with a heated jacket liner, the Olympia mesh is just too cold for winter commuting on the bike.

Becca,......Just got in from Arkansas......Great trip......Found out about the Expert trails of "Wolf-Pen Gap"...........Had to try them out on a KLR......Interesting weekend. Today I was wondering why I couldn't wear my watch. My forearm, fingers and hands were swollen from the intense grip I had climbing the "Double Black Diamond" slopes of Wolf-Pen. The KLR did it, but I had to work for it. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the hard core 4X4 ATV crowd as they rounded a down hill to see the head light of a Dual-Sport Billy-Goat climbing their hills............Had a blast.
Becca,........I think you'll like the jacket.......glad to see you went with the Maroon.

Back