• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is this the 'new' Norton? I want one!

This is still the one I want:

[/IMG]
img-commando-spec2.jpg

img-bike.jpg

http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/news/view.php?id=176

Get yours here. There will be a bit of a wait since they are hand built an cost around $18K. Last I heard they expect the first few examples at the beginning of December.
South Bay in CA

Aren't you the guy who just gave up his Super Duke? :rofl:

Well, $18,000 isn't that bad, all things considered. This is basically Kenny Dreer's bike resurected by the new British owners of Norton.

The UK site says all 200 of the intial run for sale in the UK is already sold.

Lee

Get yours here. There will be a bit of a wait since they are hand built an cost around $18K. Last I heard they expect the first few examples at the beginning of December.
South Bay in CA

The UK site says all 200 of the initial run for sale in the UK is already sold.

Yep. Place your order now for next year.

Or the year after. :trust:

By then, maybe they'll figure out that demand is high enough and they'll start mass-producing it for $12,999 or some-such. Keep your fingers crossed.

I must be a redneck, because I went out to the garage earlier and was thinking about how much cooler my Z-Rex is than this new Norton iteration.

I must be a redneck, because I went out to the garage earlier and was thinking about how much cooler my Z-Rex is than this new Norton iteration.

Is THAT the definition of a redneck? Liking an older Japanese bike more than a new British one?

Nah, you're just a Z-Rex junkie. I think they're both pretty cool.

I actually wrote them...oh, about three/four months ago (maybe longer) stating I am very interested in purchasing the new commando, then again two months ago. So far I have heard nothing from them. They must be selling like hotcakes. :ponder:

Does make one wonder when this thing takes a crap how long it would be out of service waiting on parts, etc.

Back