• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IMS in Dallas

I have a ton of $3 off coupons for the IMS shows. I'm going to try to start handing them out at the DFW area meet and greets that I can make.

Hmmm ... what bikes will Stephen be demo riding ...

Not a Beemer.... Once again BMW has chosen to bypass the Dallas show. I was hoping for a look see of the 800s. Disappointing is a nice word for it.

I dislike you guys, the show is skipping Houston this year. I had a blast doing the demo rides last year

I dislike you guys, the show is skipping Houston this year. I had a blast doing the demo rides last year

I made it down to the Houston show last year, I'm sure you could make it up here.:trust:

I made it down to the Houston show last year, I'm sure you could make it up here.:trust:

I did the Houston show as well after realizing the Ft Worth show sucked as bad as it does. I'm glad it's back in Dallas ... didn't realize they scrapped Houston though.

Not a Beemer.... Once again BMW has chosen to bypass the Dallas show. I was hoping for a look see of the 800s. Disappointing is a nice word for it.

Yeah, but I can demo ride a BMW any day of the week (except for Sunday/Monday).

I'd like to see Stephen on a Victory Vision ... hopefully they'll be at the IMS.

Yeah, but I can demo ride a BMW any day of the week (except for Sunday/Monday).

I'd like to see Stephen on a Victory Vision ... hopefully they'll be at the IMS.

Make that a Victory Vision AdVenture and I'd be "In"!

Stop scratching your heads everyone... of course I know there's no such thing on the market.
But! If you pulled up that "Goldwing replacement" thread, you know it doesn't mean it ain't been built yet :eek2:

hmmmmmmmmm, seemed sufficiently vague regarding the test rides. Anyway, if I can confirm, I could see getting there early or even staying in Dallas the night before for an early start.

Most of those reservations fill up early, but I've ridden some neat bikes: KTM Super Duke, Aprilla Falco, Kaw ZX-12R, Moto Guzzi Titanium, Buell Lightening, Big Yamaha push rod Star, lots of Triumphs (Speed Triples, Sprints, Rocket 3), Ducati 900 SS, just about all the various Harleys, BMW cruiser and big tourer.

Bill, I'd love to snag a few of those coupons from you. What's the next M&G you're going to?

Make that a Victory Vision AdVenture and I'd be "In"!

Stop scratching your heads everyone... of course I know there's no such thing on the market.
But! If you pulled up that "Goldwing replacement" thread, you know it doesn't mean it ain't been built yet :eek2:

Ok ... *I'd* like to test ride a Victory Vision, and kick myself for passing up the opportunity two years ago at the Houston IMS show. But I've learned, it's best for me to not ride other bikes unless I'm willing to throw down the money to buy them.

Bill, I'd love to snag a few of those coupons from you. What's the next M&G you're going to?
I'm trying to get to the Burleyville Meet and Greet on the 15th. I will have a ton of them on me for that. Also, I gave ed29 a bunch to pass around to some of the meet and greets that I don't get to.

Hey, Bill how about some of them coupons to the bike show. How might I be able to gett'em....Ride on...:rider:

I'm sure I'll still have some with me at the bike show. Although it does say specifically on the coupon that I'm not supposed to pass them out at the show, I'm sure I won't tell if you won't.;-)

FYI, discount coupons available on IMS site.

Coupon code: RIDETX

Don't know what discount is though.

Just got a card in the mail from Progressive... code PRO10D is good for $10 tickets online. That's $5 off the box office price oe $2 off the regular online/advance price.

The fine print says you have to order by 6pm PST on 11/06 to use this code.

:yawn:

Pretty much summed it up for me last year. With one less manufacturer making it to the show (Buell) what's left? The big four Japanese bike companies, tons of small vendors selling their leather chaps and pirate "do-rags"... and I paid to see that last year? Maybe BMW and Triumph have figured it out... I'm joining them and skipping it this year.

Wayne

Does anyone know FOR SURE if there'll be demo rides? What brands? Where? How to sign up?

Sorry... I thought them saying that there were going to be demo rides on their website was them saying FOR SURE, they are having demo rides.;-)

As for the other details, just ask the Houston boys how they did things. Last year when I was at the Houston show, the demo rides had their own parking lot to launch from, you just walked over there and signed up. It was more of an appointment style sign up system. The only ones that were doing it differently was KTM. You had to stand in line for whatever given motorcycle you wanted to ride.

Looks like it's going to be Saturday evening for me. Who wants to hit Twin Peaks (the mid cities location) or some such place after the show?

Back