• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Next Photo Class....

Reaction score
....starting to think about putting on another photo class.

What topics would y'all be interested in seeing taught?

Scott

If I establish a venue, would you be willing to present the class halfway between DFW, and HOU somewhere.

Lightroom is a good topic too.

If I establish a venue, would you be willing to present the class halfway between DFW, and HOU somewhere.

Lightroom is a good topic too.

Sure would.....I am thinking about January (after everyone has gotten their new cameras from Santa Claus :lol2:)

I would have liked CS4 as well...I'll bookmark the thread though to see what comes up.

I highly recommend Scott Kelby's books on CS4 to help you learn...also the Photoshop User TV podcast is a great source of info.

...maybe a bullet point on the 2x monthly photo assignments for practicing?

Any more thought on a January date? Between the DFW/HOU works for me

UTA Arlington offer a class on CS4 Photoshop, its enough to get a good start on it.

I even got my CS4PS with the student discount from Adobe, not the school

I'd like to see some intruction on highspeed photography.

I tried to take go-kart racing pics at my daughters b-day party this past Tuesday. Not a good shot in the bunch. :doh:

I tried to take go-kart racing pics at my daughters b-day party this past Tuesday. Not a good shot in the bunch. :doh:

Brotha J.....put some of the photos up and we can see what the problems were.

Didn't know that I was the hold up, sorry about that. I was waiting for you to put a date up. I already have plans for the weekend of Jan 23rd, 2010.

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to set up a venue (somewhere between HOU / DAL / SA) *Hearne, TX looks to be close to the middle by eye ball, but there are no hotels that I know of there. I have used a couple of places in Franklin, TX before.... JUST THINKING OUTLOUD.
705797928_ssH9Y-L.png

I will rent a place for the day for us to get together.

Class Ideas, just from my wish list:

Post Processing
Flash (TTL/Remote, Exposure comp)
Metering (I so struggle with metering!)

Last edited:
How about Waco or Temple area? Seems a bit in the middle for everyone.

Just a thought but if we got 10-20 folks and we all stayed at same place, we could probably get one of their meeting rooms at a discount. Post a date Scott but I'm guessing if I get new employment in the next month, getting off for any date in Jan is not gonna happen unless I get the job that has weekends off. :mrgreen:

Maybe we could cover Flash and speed photography in the morning and LR post process in afternoon?

Yeah post a couple pics. The go kart environment shouldn't be too tuff. High shutter speed with camera set in continous focus should work most of the time.
Might try panning for the frozen speed effect and then shoot the kart directly head on for more of the people pics.

Shift to a slower shutter speed and pan the kart for a speeding kart effect.

Temple is not a bad idea....

Hampton & Holiday Inn Express do give the meeting room free if you will confirm a sufficient number of room stays, I utilize them frequently for that reason. I didn't think about that aspect, as I didn't figure there would be 10+ willing to hotel it...

I still remember "painfully" driving from McAllen to Irving last time and am just being selfish. Figured I would bribe y'all by renting a banquet room / meeting room at a hotel or a civic center somewhere between your town and mine this go around. PLEASE don't feel obligated at all to tailor your plans around me. I want to attend, what ever the content ends up being, and am willing to assist where I can with logistics, but by no means am I expecting you to go out of your way to satisfy my selfishness.

Duke

OK...here is the date: 01/16/2010!!! It's a Saturday....and I am also off on Sunday so if we need to stretch it out a bit, we can.

We will plan on this one being an all dayer.

Moving to I35 is away from where I have offices. But that is not a big deal. I will reserve a room at a hotel and post it up her.

Saturday Jan 16th. I will also have the meeting room in your name. (don't worry, I will pay for it)

Definite materials on the flash/off-camera flash stuff such as strobes, remotes, triggers, sync etc. would be great!

Will you cover pinhole camers? ;-)

Thanks for picking the middle of the month - I always plan around the Pie Runs, of course...

Now, let's hope we don't get snow and ice like we do sometimes in January...

Back