• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride thoughts

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nix
So i lucked out and dont have to work fridays for the rest of the semester. This means as long as the weather holds up this will be my riding day. I am looking for some good rides/destinations. Good places to eat either along the way or at the destination is always a plus.
What I want:
roughly 100 miles one way
avoid houston
no off road

I also know its kinda hard for others, seeing as its on Friday, but if anybody wants to ride along with me or meet me for lunch while im out on one of these rides feel free to PM me.

All the paved roads through the national forest areas would be a good place to start...

FM's 980, 945, 224 in San Jacinto / Polk Counties are decent rides for the area. 190 to 405 to 19 to 980 to 156 to 224 to 156 to 150 to 2025 to 945 to 150 to 75. Probably not as far as you wanted to ride, but some of my favorite roads around here. There are decent eating places along the route in Coldspring, New Waverly and a little off the route in Trinity. Have fun!

My husband and I might be up for a ride on the 30th depending on how things fall.

Last edited:
Back