• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Marathon2Marathon

Reaction score
I am taking off late Thursday or early Friday to head out west to run the Marathon2Marathon on Saturday.

If anyone is out in Big Bend area and wanders through Marathon stop by Captain Shepherd's Inn behind the Gage Hotel and I'll buy you a cold beer (as long as you aren't wearing Crimson and/or cream - okay I'll still buy you land thieves a beer).

We have the whole house rented for the weekend.

-Fletch

So how was the marathon? Seems like a nice course if the weather cooperates. Oh and I saw this in case you are still interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120482697377

M2M was great. It's always one of my favorite weekends of the year. I love that little town and it usually involves riding the motorcycle, running, drinking heavily, West Texas and pretty girls - pretty much all my favorite things in the world. I think this is the 6th straight year I've gone out for the race.

The course is literally from Alpine to Marathon down the westbound shoulder of 90. It is kind of climbing, rolling hills to halfway then drops pretty good into Marathon. This year we ran against a STRONG headwind the whole way but the temps were cool, the sky was clear and I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends and my oldest running partner with me. We drafted each other the whole way and beat the 3rd place runner by the better part of a mile.

That Guzzi looks pretty tempting. Nice job dovetailing threads. You've been paying attention.....

Congrats, Fletch! :chug:

Thanks but even winning a marathon ;-) (need a tongue-in-cheek emoticon) paled in comparison to the pleasant surprise of running into you in Luckenbach today. I love serendipitous moments like that. Maybe more than anything. They make the world seem smaller. And friendlier.

Great times out there today. I almost didn't go but am sure glad I did.....

Back