• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Booze+Cocaine+bike=death in Dallas

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Miller
A 21-year-old Dallas man faces an intoxication manslaughter charge after a crash that killed a woman riding on the back of his motorcycle just after midnight this morning.

Erik M. Delgado-Pereira was booked into the custody of the Dallas County jail this morning, though he remains in the hospital. His bail has not been set.

His passenger, 22-year-old Ashley Ramirez, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash along Interstate-35E near Colorado Boulevard in Oak Cliff.

Witnesses told Dallas County sheriff's deputies they'd seen two motorcycles traveling "at a high rate of speed" before one of the motorcycles struck a concrete barrier and guardrail, according to a sheriff's report. The passenger was thrown off by the impact, struck the guardrail and landed on a highway entrance ramp.

While in an ambulance after the crash, Delgado-Pereira told deputies he and Ramirez had been to a bar and that he had been drinking and snorting cocaine.

I have nothing nice to say, so I will just say my sympathies go to the victims family

Sympathies to the passengers, family, and friends.

Sorry to see someone's stupid, altered ego, take someone that have trust and faith in them, take them from this life with them with no control of their own destiny...:zen:

I'll be really disappointed if he is allowed to plea bargain. Absolutely senseless and tragic acts deserve the full extent of what the prison systems have to offer. I feel bad for the family, but absolutely no sympathy for the coke-head.

I'm absolutely SHOCKED he was man enough to admit he was wasted on booze & coke. Wow! What a concept...honesty from an idiot.

If the dude has any sense left, he'll plead guilty, throw himself at the mercy of the court, serve his sentence, and pay restitution to her family.

If the dude has any sense left, he'll plead guilty, throw himself at the mercy of the court, serve his sentence, and pay restitution to her family.

That fact that he is in mess is because he has no sense. I have no mercy for him.

It's a sad day when anything like this happens. Unfortunately, it happens too often.

Yes, the guy messed up big time. BUT ... I doubt that he forced her onto the bike. She knew that he was high and drunk and she chose to take her chances. It is, IMHO, very different from someone under the influence hitting an innocent driver. I do think that that needs to be taken into consideration during his sentencing.

My heart goes out to the young lady's family. They are the biggest victims here ... of both his and her poor decision making skills.

Back