• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I thought this was cool

Cool but kinda sad. He sold his many bikes for his wife? Wow. They were married for a long time so I guess it was worth it.

I have to say that if the wife came to me and ask me to stop (she would have to have a few good points) I think I would. No I did not say I would like it. I know she wouldn't due to the fact she knows how much apart of me it is.

Just think about how long they were together. How many do you that will/have lasted that long?

I'm glad he got to take one last ride, and 57 years of marriage is a great thing.

I'd quit if my wife really wanted me to. I've told her that. She hasn't asked that, and I don't think she will. She knows how much I like it.

I don't think I can remember crying once since the day I was brought into this cruel world, but that almost made me shed a tear. :tears: I did get choked up once over a Chevy commercial.

I warned my wife on the first date, that my motorcycles are not negotiable. :deal:

I warned my wife on the first date, that my motorcycles are not negotiable. :deal:

Ironically, I said the same thing to Pam in your living room way back when...but about music. I never was passionate about motorcycles, it was just an integral part of me that I never had put any thought to.

Once the kids are gone, I can foresee us enjoying it together, but ATM, its not a reality.

Happy/sad/happy/sad, lather, rinse, repeat.

My wife tells me that she is not happy about my motorcycles, but she went with me (and drove a little) to pick up my brand new (to me) 1979 GS1000. When I found my Puch (thanks again Bexarwolf for going to look at it) she offered to call the guy and send him a check. She does not like to get on the back, but she knows that I am not a squid, and have no need for speed. We were talking about seeing The Keys on bike, that may change her mind.

My wife means more to me than the bikes and I would get rid all but the Puch, that would become an ornament.

To me, more like a sad story.
I believe some things should not be black or white, the should always be compromise, specially in marriage.
Glad he had a chance to take one 'last' ride, but cruel in a way.

Ironically, I said the same thing to Pam in your living room way back when...but about music.

I always loved music but it's a group activity most of the time and getting a band to play nice with each other is always a problem. Bikes are a solo activity where there is no whining or creative differences. :lol2:

The video was unavailable, but I think I get the gist of it from some of the comments. As i have told my GF's in the past, the bike was here first, and if you tell me i need to quit riding, it will be here long after you are gone. My honey now totally enjoys riding and she would never tell me that I have to get rid of the bike. As a matter of fact she told me once that if I ever got rid of the bike, she would get rid of me. yeah she's a keeper all right!!!!

Me too. Well..., not actually the first date, but certainly before things got serious. I told her that if she had any problem with motorcycles, she had better speak up then, because if it came down to her or the bike she would be gone. After 34 years, I might reconsider that, but I meant it then. And even after 34 years, I still say that I might reconsider...

Back