• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Birthday present

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I turned 40 a few days back. Oh well.:giveup:

I just had to post up what my wife and the guys at work got me. Pat Walsh shelf, sirius radio, amplirider amp, necessary install knick-knacks,cash and a new digital camera. :clap:

I haven't quite gotten thru with the sirius install but I wanted to post some pics. One of the guys came over and helped to install a relay so my aux fusebox is hot only when the ignition is on. Now I just have to find a place for the antennae because I think the GPS will cover it too much if I mount it on the shelf. Any ideas on that?

687362775_wvEoH-L.jpg

687363748_zwokz-L.jpg

Congratulations Kenny !
Sounds like some great toys to install on the bike.

40 yeas old and I know you have been talking about retiring for a few years now. Guess you can talk about it before your ready to!:trust:
I have been in my business for over 33 years now and cant even think about retiring yet.

Get the XM antenna far enough forward that your body does not shield it. I have see lots of guys put it on a little tab that is bolted to the shelf the receiver is mounted to.

Ran with my Antenia on the same shelf for a couple of years, never really noticed a lose of signal. Throw it up there for a coupe of weeks and see how it works, if does not move it.

40 yeas old and I know you have been talking about retiring for a few years now. Guess you can talk about it before your ready to!

Oct 2011 makes my official 20 years. If everything goes right I'll walk away from this career and start my next one. Hopefully it won't involve carrying a gun.

Congrats on the birthday, the present, and the upcoming retirement. I can't fault your decision, but from what I've seen, you're the kind of police officer that we need. Thanks for putting in 20.

Back