• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MSF perception test

Hey, that was fun. Here were my results:

testresultskreitz.jpg

I missed one question on the street skills test, but got it right on the second chance. It showed a thick piece of metal covering a missing piece of asphalt, and the choices were, 'bumpy', 'slick', and 'no hazard'. I picked 'bumpy' due to the object's height and thickness since it was an otherwise straight-line shot across it, but the test wanted the 'slick' option. Watch out for that one if you get it, since it's a bit tricky.

By the way, I used the medium speed setting for both tests and took each one only once. I'll try the fast setting next.

Thanks for the link! Kewl!

I got 19/20 and 18/20. I selected too quickly on a yield sign, took the first answer 'yield ahead' when the correct one was simply 'yield'. I clicked on the first word , DOH!

On the collision trap test the school zone sign there is used as the pedestrian sign here. So I fully missed that one on both attempts.

Hey Tim,
You are also supposed to swerve around said peice of metal. I got that one right.

Good test, but I missed Qs because of terminology. I can apply what the picture says and know what the road will do, but I call it the wrong terms. :doh: Does it matter what the term is if I know what is coming? :lol2:

What is the trap here?
a. The truck is about to turn left in front of you.
b. Road surface has debris.
c. The light is about to change.

I was too busy looking for option d.
d. HOLY CRAP! $2.99 a gallon!

"diesel fuel services" :huh:

This is a useful sign to look for while on a motorcycle? :rofl:

There was one with a white car making a left right in front of you. It said the correct answer was to brake and hold your line, claiming that swerving left would put you into oncoming traffic.

I have to call BS on that.

Assuming the car is in motion, if you swerve a touch to the left, basically aiming for the rear bumper, you'll clear the car and still keep your lane.

Have any of you ever seen a Propane Fuel Ahead sign? that was a new one on me, and besides it is a very bad representation of a propane bottle.

Disagreed with one question. 3 lane highway you are in the right lane in heavy traffic. Answer move to middle lane as there is a curb on the right lane.

IHO - Middle lane in heavy traffic is way more dangerous that riding in the right lane - left of center

Have any of you ever seen a Propane Fuel Ahead sign? that was a new one on me, and besides it is a very bad representation of a propane bottle.

Oooh, I'm glad I didn't get that one. I've never seen such a thing to my recollection.

Thankfully when that question popped up Propane was the only logical answer.

I'm not well traveled, have not seen many of those signs, ya'll don't want to be around me. Where's that shotgun when you need to blowup some road signs. :biggun:

I have seen the diesel sign before, but it was somewhere like Arizona, New Mexico, or Montana. Oh and more importantly it was before every yuppie had a 1ton.

Justin, do you have a pic of your 185? I think mine was the same year model, in blue.

19/20 on the signs and 20/20 on the traps.

I appreciate the ideas, but I'd be handling the situations a bit differently then they would probably like.

Oh, and who needs a lecture on needing to apply more brakes on a down-hill grade? :doh:

Back