• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uh-oh, a French XLCR/XR1200 kit

Chirpy

Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Tschoepe
Oh my...wonder if they will take a project XR400 in trade :scratch:

I kinda hate Adrenaline Moto for offering it.

251_2.jpg

251_3.jpg

Very sweet. I'm a fan of the original XLCR and the new XR1200 (bummed about not winning the Popular Science XR1200 giveway :doh:) The kit really captures the looks of the XLCR.

The cost is a a little stiff ($2,228.41 USD as of today's currency rates) for a fairing, seat, handlebar, tank cover, and brackets and unpainted. Plus shipping costs from England (?)

I can see why you hate 'em, great looks/high price :lol2:

Just was in Cowboy H/D in South Austin today, they have an '09 XR for 7999. I did not ask what freight and setup were. but throw in this kit and there you have a nice $10G worth of scoot.
But your gonna need this exhaust kit!
299_2.jpg

What good is the pipe if you can't make it handle better. Your gonna have to put some of these on her too!
265_2.jpg

and beef up the front if your going to do the rear.
266_2.jpg

Woodlands HD has a 2009 in black $7995 plus ttl. also has a silver 2010 but I don;t know the price. They really want to get the 2009 gone.

Woodlands HD has a 2009 in black $7995 plus ttl. also has a silver 2010 but I don;t know the price. They really want to get the 2009 gone.

I wish you wouldn't have posted that!

Steve

What good is the pipe if you can't make it handle better. Your gonna have to put some of these on her too!
265_2.jpg

and beef up the front if your going to do the rear.
266_2.jpg

The X model already comes with the suspension goodies. Its the only one they make now.

They also sell the "X" suspension pretty reasonably to retrofit the "old" models...

With a new tire I rec'd a copy of MotoUSA. They had an article on the 1200x. They stated that the suspension and brakes made a huge difference on this bike. It sure looks like it would be a lot of fun. I am not a HD guy, but this bike is just cool. I have this street tracker bug that this bike just really appeals to.

XR1200X.jpg

It's heavier than a '77 Gold Wing, makes about as much horsepower as a 600 super sport running on 3 cylinders, and has a wheelbase long enough to qualify for Central Freight stickers.

But I really love the thing. Considering that it shares the frame will all Sporties, it's amazing what a difference a swingarm and forks can make. It's sweet beyond the spec sheet...kinda like the Miata transcends it's plebeian parts to come together into a package far nicer than you'd expect, the XR1200 is far more fun than you'd expect from the numbers.

My only regret is that I don't have more time to ride.

Gee, thanks a lot. Now when I win the lottery I'm going to have to buy 4 Harleys, a XR750, a XR1200X, a XR1200X with this cafe kit, and a CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Chirpy will have to help me keep them all happily ridden. I'm going to need a bigger garage.

I'm really liking these bikes. I have seen several of these Modified. Just havent taken one out for a spin yet. Conroe and the Woodlands have them on their showroom floor.

Back