• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What happend on 439 in Belton???

Reaction score
First Name
JD
Last Name
Evans
Does anyone have any information about the motorcycle accident on 439 in Belton?

The accident occurred in a congested area of 439 where cagers zip into and out of the local gas station. To add to the madness, there is a school bus stop at the far end of the "parking lot". This is the same area where a BISD school bus driver was killed. Maybe just two hundred feet from where a Semi hit a school bus as it pulled out of a neighborhood last month.

Gore and graphic images are common place at the movie theater, and increasingly so on television. So, I suppose we have all become a bit desensitized. Today, though devoid of gore, was entirely graphic for fellow motorcyclist because the bike was demolished. No front end, all the plastic torn away, save for a bit of tail section. As two wheelers we recognize what kind of impact is necessary to inflict that type of damage.

I heard that the rider did not survive. Does anyone know if a fellow TWTEX member was involved? For the possibility of lobbying for a turn lane or some traffic control device, does anyone know what happened?. It is a scary piece of road during the commute, but leaving for work early or later makes no difference. Too many are just focused on either getting a cup of coffee or beating a line of cars. I'd like to think our lives are worth more than a cager's 79 cent cup of java.

I don't know but if that's the 439 intersection @ 121 loop, it's a madhouse...

been through there a few times in the morning...

:eek2:

No, 439 and 121 is about two miles east of these accidents. However, I fully agree with you about the madness at 439 and 121 in the morning. I don't seem to have many issues on 121 itself, until I get near the high school, but then again I don't ride the entire length of the loop. 439 is a faster, wider road, but with plenty of side street and driveways.

Another fatality on 2305 during this past weekend. Cager wrapped the car around a tree, just west of 317. I don't mind folks driving fast, provided they don't tailgate or do it in a neighborhood. But driving beyond the city limits is a near free-for-all, as the Sheriff does not have the means or possibly the will to enforce traffic codes. Very few drivers come to a complete stop out by the lake, because they know it is unlikely to see the LEO. Twice already this week I have had to take evasive actions because someone ran the stop sign. Does not matter what I drive or ride, seem to keep finding the idiots.

Back